Like Tree21Likes

Would it be any problem, if i break my apartment contract because my landlord accuse me that i steal money from the neighbor?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manjarb:
    So actually they said they already tell the police about this and the police will come an interview me soon. I told them that since i am not a criminal so that i am wiling to talk with the police anytime. This is why i didn't alert to the authorities on that time, but then almost a week already still nothing happened that is why i thought they were lied to me.

So i willing to give up 7k hkd not only about accusing reason, but also that stuffs in my room are worth more than 30k hkd.
    That is why i rather give up on 7k hkd than risk living there for ilke another 90 days of crazy mind.
    Change the locks on your apartment if you haven't already. If you move out losing your deposit you look very guilty.
    MandM! likes this.

Since i do not care about the deposit, so if i just give him that money, would be any other thing that i need to be worried?
    You don't care about your deposit? What's wrong with you?

That's your money, unless you owe back rent or damaged the place. Keep quiet and keep to yourself and try to avoid issues. Are you in a subdivided unit?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Change the locks on your apartment if you haven't already. If you move out losing your deposit you look very guilty.
    Because this building have no camera and security guard, i am not even sure that would it be possible for be to change the the lock by myself, that is why i think move out asap should be more safer.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    You don't care about your deposit? What's wrong with you?

That's your money, unless you owe back rent or damaged the place. Keep quiet and keep to yourself and try to avoid issues. Are you in a subdivided unit?
    I should not say i dont care, actually i do care but i realize i rather give up that one than keep worrying about my stuffs like this everyday when i go to work in the morning (it drove me crazy all day actually)

I also do not owe them any rent, or break anything also (since i live alone there, never brought any stranger here and barely cook also).

Since my country do not have these kind of property, but i think i should be called a subdivided unit (bec it looks like they divided the whole floor into 4 private room)

Move out before your contract ends makes you look like you are running and have something to hide. It doesn't matter whether the landlord has gone to the police or not. You should report it and that would also protect you if anything was to disappear from the flat. You can also report that concern and take pictures in case it happens. Putting your own lock would also solve the problem.

manjarb and bsh like this.

I didn't know we have some kind of consent to break the contract things here.
    Read the contract. Sometimes there's the option of 1 month notice for either party. Often that's in the last 12 months of a 24 month contract.
    manjarb likes this.

Hmm if it is subdivided as it seems to be, I doubt the landlord is going to chase you re the unfinished contract. I also doubt he'll give your deposit back. If they truly believe you stole from your neighbour they might chase you re that though and if the police did eventually speak to you it wouldn't help your story.

Seriously if it were me I would be proactive and go to the police rather than waiting for them to question me

manjarb likes this.

Actually i care about it in the beginning, but a few days after what i worry more is about my stuffs every time when i going to work.

So i rather get out of there asap than risk loosing stuffs inside my room instead.
    Can you keep your valuable stuff at work?
    MABinPengChau likes this.

You can hire a locksmith to get the lock changed.

manjarb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Can you keep your valuable stuff at work?
    I am considering this also but since, i am an it contractor so i do not have a fixed seat the office so might be a little hard for it.