Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

One working in Central, one in Science Park - Good Areas/Estates to live in

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88
    Park island is an excellent place. Quick ferry to Central and shuttle bus available to science park. A friend's doing that. Island / beach nice and not very expensive.

I live at the Austin which is sitting on top of Austin mtr station ( easy to goto science park - west rail & east rail). Central is basically one stop from Kowloon station.
    the ferry is actually quite infrequent,

From Sha Tin District to HK Island involve traveling through two tunnels by road or MTR, this is the most painful part. Eagle's Nest Tunnel and Shing Mun Tunnel are the least congested tunnels in Sha Tin. By buses or minibuses are relatively faster than Lion Rock Tunnel and Tates Cairn Tunnels. Also the least congested and most expensive cross harbor tunnel is the Western Harbour Crossing.

Living near Cheung Sha Wan or Tsuen Wan West can use both Tung Chung Line MTR to HK Station and either tunnel to Sha Tin MTR Station quickly.

Last edited by lighthse003; 09-04-2019 at 01:09 PM.

Tsuen wan has bus straight to science park and MTR straight to central.. No transfer at all.

I live near City One Shatin and get the bus to Central daily, takes about 30-40 mins on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88
    Park island is an excellent place. Quick ferry to Central and shuttle bus available to science park. A friend's doing that. Island / beach nice and not very expensive.

I live at the Austin which is sitting on top of Austin mtr station ( easy to goto science park - west rail & east rail). Central is basically one stop from Kowloon station.
    I do not find the shuttle busses to Science Park anywhere... How to find it?

I will also look into Tsuen Wan, I just have never been there so I didnt really have a feeling for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari
    I will also look into Tsuen Wan, I just have never been there so I didnt really have a feeling for it.
    Tsuen Wan is the Centre of Hong Kong. Tons of affordable food, shopping, and market options. The waterfront has a nice open park with a brand new sports centre and if you want to ride a bike you can do so along Castle Peak Road all the way to the Gold Coast. There's fantastic hiking nearby and you can go mountain biking on Tai Mo Shan. There's also a BMX park and skateboard park and you can get anywhere in town quickly due to its location. There's also have private hospital that is open for outpatients on Sundays and charges low fees for a visit. We're also thinking of moving there, hence the suggestion.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 10-04-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    mucaari likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3