Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Park Island - Noise Levels?

Park Island - Noise Levels?

Hello,

My wife and I are considering to move to Park Island, Ma Wan after enduring years of traffic noise from racing cars at night at Olympic. From reading previous discussions, I understand that there might be an issue with air plane noise with certain blocks/towers.

We wanted to ask which blocks might be more quieter/less prone to plane noise and which ones we should absolutely avoid? Any other factors we should consider when wanting to move to PI?

Many thanks!

The flight paths as is, departing and arriving flow over Park Island or next to it and with the 3rd runway coming later it will only get worse.

Name:  fligh paths.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  150.6 KB

jrkob and MandM! like this.

We live in Ma Wan, don’t have any problems with the noise at all. I would say that the blocks facing Hong Kong Island are typically quieter then the back facing blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardstorm
    We live in Ma Wan, don’t have any problems with the noise at all. I would say that the blocks facing Hong Kong Island are typically quieter then the back facing blocks.
    Same here. Block 28 facing the bridge and hardly hear anything inside the apartment.

i used to live in olympic central park but did not have a problem with car racing. is that a big problem?

I live very near the end of a runway (not Hong Kong) where the planes fly all night. No problem with noise at all (apart from the fighters which are very noisy). Do people who live near HK airport really suffer with noise?

ppl who live near airports get used to the noise, just like when moving to village houses, YOU will get used to the dogs barking noises

It may take a week or few but you will get used to the noise if any.

shri likes this.

True, people in that area are well used to it, it is less noisy than Kowloon City when the airport was in Kai Tak.The higher you live, the more the noise. For more information, ask the people in the particular block.

Thanks everyone for their input, much appreciated!

I tried to post a response twice, but unsure why it never shows...hope it works this time and I will add a more elaborate response later...

It seems to work now, finally!

We managed to walk around Ma Wan and it seems that the plane noise isn't that bad and the dog noise would mainly come from the Park?

Can I ask if people can hear their upstairs or next doors neighbours or is the sound insulation in Park Island fairly good? One of the reason we want to move is also because in our current flat, we can hear the upstairs neighbours moving furniture or even when they are chopping veggies!!

Re the car racing - the sound would always wake us up at night when we were living at Island Harbourview, the cars would be zooming in and out... so yeah, not a great experience.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast