Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Henderson Land - Novum

Henderson Land - Novum

Hi
    Does anyone know what is the typical waiting time between completion date of the property and the actual first available move-in date?
    Thanks

bdw

You make an appointment to get the keys and walk through to fill in the defect form. Usually the apartment is shit with a million defects and they will take another 6 months after that to fix them all.

KEM.UK likes this.

Well that's brilliant. So it could be 6 months between completion and move-in?!

Quote Originally Posted by KEM.UK
    Well that's brilliant. So it could be 6 months between completion and move-in?!
    Typically may be not 6 months. Many defects can/are/will be fixable while you're living in the apt. No clue about what Henderson's build quality is like - that will be a big factor in deciding if the apartment is in move in condition or not.

However, the first few months can be torture... as people tend to redecorate a lil bit after moving in.
    KEM.UK and Drunken Master like this.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Henderson is typically ok quality however if they were rushing to finish up the project to meet deadlines then there could be huge problems. Their project The Reach in Yuen Long has serious water leaks, so I've heard.

Many flat owners hire someone to point out all of the defects so you may consider to do this as well. You'll notice there are post it notes everywhere when walking through a new estate, that is from a professional flat inspector.

KEM.UK, shri and Drunken Master like this.

Thank you bdw, shri and M&M! This is very enlightening... and useful. I've just been wondering whether I am being unrealistically hopeful by thinking I could move into the property by end-June since the completion date is end-April.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Henderson is typically ok quality however if they were rushing to finish up the project to meet deadlines then there could be huge problems. Their project The Reach in Yuen Long has serious water leaks, so I've heard.

Many flat owners hire someone to point out all of the defects so you may consider to do this as well. You'll notice there are post it notes everywhere when walking through a new estate, that is from a professional flat inspector.
    My friends live in the reach block 1 for 3 years, no leaks, but the first month, a mirror panel fell but that got repaired within a day

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    My friends live in the reach block 1 for 3 years, no leaks, but the first month, a mirror panel fell but that got repaired within a day
    The leaking is so bad that the developer extended the warranty to prevent losing face to the public. It may not be with your flat but a lot of plumbing issues requiring tear out walls and replace flooring. The agents tell me about it all the time.

That project was behind schedule so the first few towers are ok but the last towers completed have lots of issues as the work was rushed to finish.

That building is 2014 but looks like it's 20 years old already.
    KEM.UK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    The leaking is so bad that the developer extended the warranty to prevent losing face to the public. It may not be with your flat but a lot of plumbing issues requiring tear out walls and replace flooring. The agents tell me about it all the time.

That project was behind schedule so the first few towers are ok but the last towers completed have lots of issues as the work was rushed to finish.

That building is 2014 but looks like it's 20 years old already.
    That's shocking! Ok I'm nervous now! I thought Henderson was one of the best developers out there...

Quote Originally Posted by KEM.UK
    That's shocking! Ok I'm nervous now! I thought Henderson was one of the best developers out there...
    Henderson is ok, I live in a Henderson development and am pleased with it. In fact I'm having a hard time finding anything of comparable quality on the HK side (mind you I have already accepted that I would have to downsize). The best one is Sun Hung Kai. Swire is also good. CK has pretty bad quality and of course all of the China ones are risky bets.

I will say that although I'm pleased with my estate, there was some issues with water leaking into the underground carpark, some of the tiles/road come right off, also the central AC in the clubhouse broke. I'm sure there are many other issues too that I don't know of. My estate is still quite new too, single digit years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast