Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree15Likes

Living in HK as a family

I didn’t realize you could get a flat in Tai Koo Shing for only $25K.

I can’t say what decent is from the inside but I know of (not friends) plenty of solidly upper middle class expat families (bankers, business owners) that live in Tai Koo and their kids attend top schools around town. Now maybe they are in nicer flats but I can’t see them living in any place that is not decent and nice. Just to clarify though these expats are more Korean & Japanese rather than European.

Quote Originally Posted by AmRa6
    I didn’t realize you could get a flat in Tai Koo Shing for only $25K.

I can’t say what decent is from the inside but I know of (not friends) plenty of solidly upper middle class expat families (bankers, business owners) that live in Tai Koo and their kids attend top schools around town. Now maybe they are in nicer flats but I can’t see them living in any place that is not decent and nice. Just to clarify though these expats are more Korean & Japanese rather than European.
    The trick is finding a flat that has been renovated. You can find a place for 25k, but you have to see them first... Yes, notions of decent are subjective. But trust me in saying that many many flats are old and dusty. One set of blocks has a rat problem. Others have bug problems.

A three bedroom with two bathrooms will cost you approx. 37k.

Sure. Feel comfortable. In fact, I went thru the same situation when we came to hk 6 years ago.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3