Like Tree11Likes

Moving to HK in July - working in Kowloon Tong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

My first town house was in Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, about 5 minutes walk from Festival walk and the MTR/KCR.. Good times.

Back then, from memory, the cheaper places that school teachers who were working ar AIS etc, were all living around Broadcast drive, near RTHK.. Not sure if you can still get affordable places to rent there, but it used to be the cheaper end of KTong, back In the day.

Like what has been mentioned, you're a short 15-20 min walk from the Argyle Centre, Mong Kok too. It gets pretty humid in HK, so I dare say walking in work clothes or groceries on the way home, can be a bit shiz.

I liked the area, as being near bars never interested me, but it was also easy enough to take the MTR a few stops to Choi Hung, then the 1a mini bus to Sai Kung, for a bit of spacious nature.

If you work in KTong, I would strongly advise to try and either live in KTong, Broadcast drive etc or Cox's road Jordan near the Kowloon Cricket Club...
    You should be able to find something nearish to your budget. closish to Kimberly road/Knutsford Terrace, where lots of western style restos and bars etc are located.

Hope that helps you a little.

Hi, I am currently looking at a new build in Ho Man Tin 5 Mins walking distance to Mong Kok East MTR. It might be suitable as easy walking distance to Mong Kok with direct trains to Central and only one stop for Kowloon Tong or bus.

I used to live on Waterloo road near prince Edward road. Daughter attends school in K Tong. So many busses goes through the area / even a minibus into k tong area. Its very close and there are many options in the area too. You would be close to mongkok & Kowloon tong.

The Victory Avenue apartments are 5 mins from Mong Kok East MTR which is one stop yo Kowloon Tong

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4