Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 1 Post By traineeinvestor

Apartment Hunting in HK

Question Apartment Hunting in HK

I will be moving to HK in July, starting work in August in Repulse Bay. I am looking for some advice on good areas to check out. I will have about 23K per month for my apartment. I will have an agent provided by my new job to help me look, but I would like to have some areas narrowed down.

I would like to keep rent at around 23K. I would like a walkable area (shops, restaurants, etc.), and not too long of a commute to Repulse Bay (max 35-40min). I don't necessarily need an "ex pat" neighborhood as I plan to meet people other ways. I have had some advice from my new colleagues and some family friends, but figured I would ask complete strangers as well.

Any advice is welcome!

i would recommend you to check Happy valley, Aberdeen, Deep water bay, South horizon, Stanley.. these are good area. You can check recent rents on Centadata website and photo on google maps.

Thank you for those suggestions! I had someone else recommend Causeway Bay. Is that not a good area for a commute to Repulse Bay or in my budget? It's so hard to do all this from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by ccrawf828:
    It's so hard to do all this from afar.
    So do the logical thing most do and get a serviced apartment for a month or two and take your time looking at apartments when you are actually here with feet on the ground.
    traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    So do the logical thing most do and get a serviced apartment for a month or two and take your time looking at apartments when you are actually here with feet on the ground.
    This - the areas mentioned above all feel quite different to live in so spending some time on the ground before signing up for a 2 year lease (even with break clause after 1 year) is good advice.
    chingleutsch likes this.