Like Tree14Likes

Old Building in Wanchai or Fancy Condo in Shaukeiwan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

why do you even need to think of it if you're not a party head then why bother with Wan Chai with a shitty old building on 1st floor. Move up in the world to 15th floor lol

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    :

2 bedroom flat in Shaukeiwan, in Lime Gala.

Wanchai: What is the day / night time noise like? If the apartment is anywhere near a major road, expect noise and also fumes from the traffic and in the short term some amount of other pollutants.

Original Post Deleted
    Pollution fromt the 24/7 traffic might be bad. Just saying...

It's entirely personal preference. My concern is that you feel these are the only two on offer, considering there are hundreds of thousands of flats out there!

check both at night, you might find one is mini bus night parking under your window

completely new.
    Nobody has ever lived inside.
    After re-reading your post, when you say completely new, you mean the whole building is new and people are only starting to move in??

If the above questions answer is YES, then you should for your life unless you like to hear 8 hrs of drilling and banging for 6 days a week for a few months as every Wong / Chan / Lam etc will be having their house redecorated
    JAherbert and HK_Katherine like this.

Wanchai has it's advantages.

All of these advantages are wiped out by living on the first floor of a building where you will hear traffic and pedestrians nonstop (I'm surprised you didn't notice this when you visited).

JAherbert likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Wanchai has it's advantages.

All of these advantages are wiped out by living on the first floor of a building where you will hear traffic and pedestrians nonstop (I'm surprised you didn't notice this when you visited).
    agreed. I recall a chap recently posted here, he visited during the day, signed the lease for low floor flat in wanchai, and found out the hard way its was very very noisy in the evening/night time and was looking to escape his lease, it pays to check out the area in the evening/night time.

Original Post Deleted
    can anyone on the upper deck in a bus see into the unit?
    MABinPengChau likes this.

tear gas will be coming to queens road soon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast