Like Tree2Likes

Working in Repulse - where to live

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Working in Repulse - where to live

Hello,

I will be starting a job in Repulse soon, and relocating from Australia. I like hiking, and would like access to a good gym, too. I don't want to be right in the city, but would like good transport links. Where would people suggest living? I have heard good things about Repulse itself, but looking for other options too.

Thank you very much.

Repulse Bay is a expensive residential area.

Good transport links for Middle class areas to live is Aberdeen, Tai Koo Shing.

What's your rental budget? Do you have kids?

There's a branch of Pure Fitness in Repulse Bay and they have locations all over so that's probably your best bet for a gym, unless you find a building with its own gym.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875
    Repulse Bay is a VERYexpensive residential area.

Unless you have a rich "Sugar-Daddy" to pay your flat rental & deposits & management fees, you will have to find some OTHER locations that are more more economical on plundering your purse !

Good transport links for Middle class areas to live is Aberdeen, Tai Koo Shing.
    If you want to save your $$s, you need to check out Sai Ying Poon / Ap Lei Chau (near Aberdeen) and other local, lower co$t, areas!

Travel from Taikoo Shing would be awful !

Best of luck in getting settling in. I went through it well over 43 years ago - but *I* had the assistance of my HK Chinese girl-friend - then soon to become my wife!

Perhaps you could consider a "Share a flat" with other young ladies?

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia
    If you want to save your $$s, you need to check out Sai Ying Poon / Ap Lei Chau (near Aberdeen) and other local, lower co$t, areas!

Travel from Taikoo Shing would be awful !

Best of luck in getting settling in. I went through it well over 43 years ago - but *I* had the assistance of my HK Chinese girl-friend - then soon to become my wife!

Perhaps you could consider a "Share a flat" with other young ladies?

Sounds like you are talking from experience. Were you the sugar daddy? lol!

Thanks all. I should have said that I will be moving with my husband, and I'm waiting to find out the budget from my employer. They will be providing the budget for an apartment, and I think they are happy to pay for somewhere in Repulse. If I don't live in Repulse, I would like it to be easy to get to Repulse, and easy to get to hiking trails and nature.

Thanks again, and ideas and suggestions welcome! It will be my first time living in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by carina13
    Thanks all. I should have said that I will be moving with my husband, and I'm waiting to find out the budget from my employer. They will be providing the budget for an apartment, and I think they are happy to pay for somewhere in Repulse. If I don't live in Repulse, I would like it to be easy to get to Repulse, and easy to get to hiking trails and nature.

Thanks again, and ideas and suggestions welcome! It will be my first time living in HK.
    I think it would be best to get the budget first then ask. Also will your husband be working and if so where?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    I think it would be best to get the budget first then ask. Also will your husband be working and if so where?
    Thanks. Yes, I will be finding out the budget soon. He is going to look for a job in a school, but doesn't have a job yet.

Thanks.

Stanley is not far from Repulse Bay and has some reasonable rentals in older, walk-up buildings. Frequent bus service between Stanley and Repulse Bay.

shri likes this.

Example of more "reasonable," by HK standards, rental in Stanley:

https://www.squarefoot.com.hk/en/pro...one/100114275/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast