Like Tree1Likes

25-30k Best Value Apartments Near Central?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

25-30k Best Value Apartments Near Central?

I'm moving to Hong Kong soon and would really appreciate advice on which neighborhoods you would recommend me to do my apartment hunt in.

My workplace is near central station and ideally I'd like to be able to reach it within 20 minutes.

My budget is around 30k per month.

What size apartment do you need? Is it just you or do you have a partner/children?

Sheung Wan, Sai Ying Pun, Midlevels (size, no. of BRs, and view will vary with your budget)

near central station you can go most places along the island line and still reach central within 30mins...

400-450+ sq ft seems reasonable I think? I'm just by myself so I don't really have any requirements.

I know there's some trade off between living closer to the city (central) vs. having more space so I was wondering if there are any notably good areas to rent in where you get a lot more space for the cost while still being relatively close to central via MTR.

Would I get better value apartments if I lived in Kowloon rather than the island?

There is a 1000-ish sq ft apartment here:

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/apa...rent/ad/506530

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aean
    Would I get better value apartments if I lived in Kowloon rather than the island?
    do u want clubhouse facilities, 5 mins walk to promemade, 5 mins walk to whamphoa area with restarants and a one or two bars, gym and indoor and outdoor swimming pool facilities consider harbour place in hung hom place, you probably get 750 sq ft for HK$30k per month, 20 mins to central (including 5 mins walk to the station)

depend on your lifestyle, if you want to be near LKF and live close to the action, aim on hk island, if not really, then consider kowloon

https://geoexpat.com/classifieds/apa...rent/ad/506973

This 300' studio looks really nicely laid out, plus it has a roof. Located in North Point. Much cheaper than your budget, so even more cost savings. A 300'., one bedroom in The Hudson in Kennedy Town with gym and sauna, brand new will set you back low $20k. Just to give you a comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast