I did a search and as this is an expat forum, I guess I wasn't surprised at the majority of threads being from the tenants POV but I am in a position of potentially taking a job offer and wanted to have the flexibility of renting out my flat and being free to move. I have spoken to a couple of agencies, the 2nd of which did tell me their contract which would need signing is just in Chinese, which I do not read at all, although the agent speaks English.
So just a few questions as well:
1. Generally I guess it would be better to find an agent with English terms, any recommendations?
2. Would it be better to go with a local or with a chain (ie. Centaline or Q-home)?
3. Is it better to give it to a few agents to market the property? Or would this discourage them from working hard to rent it out
4. I figured that it is a no-lose situation, in the sense that if I am not in a hurry to move (ie. the job offer turns out lower than expected or if I change my mind), it is worth having the property on the rental mkt, I can always wait until someone meets my rental expectation
5. I was told that accepting pets would be easier to rent it out, I don't personallity like pets myself. I'm just conscious of the permanent mess or dirt it can cause, any thoughts?
Thanks again all