Like Tree7Likes

Lime Gala - Shau kei wan - Thoughts?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Lime Gala - Shau kei wan - Thoughts?

Hi wanted to check if anyone have lived / currently lives in Lime Gala Shau kei wan?

Im considering moving there but want to be careful. I’ve had severe problems with noise (includes sharp steps to and fro late night /early mornings, loud sporadic bath tub noise imagine someone washing clothes in bathtub and throwing about the shower head, loud local style sneezing and coughing, dropping stuff on floor) in my last place so much so it’s negatively affected my health.

If anyone had any experience living at the Lime Gala complex I’d love to hear it!

Thanks

Thanks wonder if it’s quiet..

Frankly, I think the OP will need to invest in a white noise generator and noise cancelling headphones wherever they live. I don't know if noise desensitisation therapy is a thing here in HK.

Even if you live in a standalone house in a village area, you need to contend with barking dogs, neighbours' mahjong and karaoke sessions, buzzing mosquitoes (and the "chitchat" geckos that prey on them), croaking frogs and other noisy animals ... our village is the summer home of a very noisy nocturnal bird that screams "ChewIT!" from midgnight to dawn. Some areas are also subject to other noises including illegal road races, foghorns and/ or aeroplanes.

Elegiaque likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Your departure fixed that twattish neighbour thingy.
    HK_Katherine and jimbo like this.

Depends where you work but I live in Park Yoho and it is very quiet here, even when living in the 1st floor as its pretty much a gated community.

But I also second the suggestion on white noise and some earplugs - there are many that don't fit but I've bought some blue ones before that are like putty - mould them exactly to the shape of yiur ear. Forgotten the brand name now, but try wing on

Very sensitive to noise and it is dead quiet here in Peng Chau! I had a neighbor with a 3 year old who I could hear clearly in the hallway but not a peep when in her flat. I seem to have gotten very lucky and found a flat with actual noise insulation. So no neighbor noise and, of course, no street noise (no streets!). Worth the commute to live in peace and quiet so as to be able to recharge at the end of a busy day. They built this block of flats on a split level floor plan so four flats per floor but only two on each half-level (eight steps to each half-level) leaving you with only one neighbor. So quite an excellent design for privacy, wish there were more people putting good effort into clever design.

Yea finding somewhere quiet in HK is near impossible. But anyone living here in this flat would go mental. Having deal with these upstairs night mare neighbours.
    Just gotta keep going and looking, maybe top floor flats are better..

heading to outlying islands, village homes won’t work as I’m in Quarry Bay, go to office everyday. Tough life

anyways another day another dollar keep going until we earn our billions

Express bus (722 I think) heads that way, meets the ferry...it's not a life for everyone, I live alone so don't have to worry about anyone else's job, school, etc. If I had a child living with me, probably less do-able. And, yes, I live on the top floor as well with a roof-top balcony. Downside is a higher AC bill which I gladly pay for the peace and quiet. I have suffered with noisy neighbors in my life and it can be a nightmare. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by fresh-air:
    Hi wanted to check if anyone have lived / currently lives in Lime Gala Shau kei wan?
    it might be quiet today, but tomorrow you could have a noisy neighbour, you have to gamble like everyone else

Exactly it’s just that with the extortionate price tag of accommodation in HK you don’t even get to have a peaceful sleep - one of the most basic things in life. Maybe I’m spoilt but all I want is just to be able to sleep normally, have fresh produce groceries, cook food in a normal size kitchen, bake in a normal oven. Things that are deemed as normal not even luxurious back home (for me Norway) and here all that comes with a hefty price tag.

And yea I do want to move back but money is too good here. Suffer for another few years until I officially declare myself mentally insane and head back home with my damn hard earned money

Sorry am a bit in a ranting mode...
    doesn’t help when upstairs c’s are dropping sh*t like usual..

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast