Nice landlord

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Everywhere you don't want me to be
    Posts
    2,897

    To the whiner that red dotted me and said "think before you post: what do you know about the current rent level?"

    what do I know? Uh, I read the papers and see all the analysts talking about rents dropping 30%, maybe you should follow the news yourself before you post!


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Fei Ngo Shan
    Posts
    120

    I agree with the previous poster. The rental price is defintely coming down. I can't believe they are increasing your rent. Even if he is really planning to get everyone out to sell en-bloc, in this climate???

    We just rented a new place and got it for 30% less than asking price!! It's renters market now.


  3. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5

    We are not dealing with someone normal here.......

    And we would like to AVOID moving as its a nice area obviously spoilt by the LL.

    Hes going to try on, it would be helpful if we had a few teeth to bite back.

    What happens if we don't move at the end of the tennants agreement...... Is it a police matter or does he have to go the land tribunal?


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    23,221

    He can get you evicted. By force if necessary.


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,218
    Quote Originally Posted by KKinHK
    And we would like to AVOID moving as its a nice area obviously spoilt by the LL.
    The the best course of action for both parties concerned then is to move to a similar flat in the area with a cheaper rent then both parties are happy then.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Siu Lam
    Posts
    1,080

    The landlord is not doing anything wrong. If he want you out of the place at the end of your contract you just have no choice.

    It's his right to decide to sell or decide to rent to someone else or to rent for shorter period.


  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    20,227
    Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay
    To the whiner that red dotted me and said "think before you post: what do you know about the current rent level?"

    what do I know? Uh, I read the papers and see all the analysts talking about rents dropping 30%, maybe you should follow the news yourself before you post!
    Sounds like the landlord is a member of geoexpat He obviously objected to be called a moron - which the red blobber obviously is.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong.
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by mytimeoff
    I agree with the previous poster. The rental price is defintely coming down. I can't believe they are increasing your rent. Even if he is really planning to get everyone out to sell en-bloc, in this climate???

    We just rented a new place and got it for 30% less than asking price!! It's renters market now.
    I think it all depends on what the previous rent was and when it was agreed. I just negotiated a new tenancy agreement for my apartment: 50% increase on the rent that I have been paying for the last 3 years - but still about a 20% discount to market (after the recent decline that is).
    Last edited by beachball; 08-12-2008 at 06:14 PM.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    5

    In our block there are a number of apartment leases finishing and the other tennants are all complaining that the landlord is trying to up the rent by 50-90% ...... i.e. Trying to play, it would be nice if we could play back without it be coming a police matter. Of course he can do as he wish as its property as already mentioned in replying threads but as a tennants we should also be able to receive reasonable treatment. I really don't want to go through having to move and don't mind a reasonable increase.... Any advice?


  10. #20

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Siu Lam
    Posts
    1,080

    As said before you can only try to bargain the rent down but if he refused you can only move or pay the price.


Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast