Like Tree163Likes

Tenant Eviction because of Piling Up Furnitures in the Corridor (Public Area)?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    OP is already in the 5th or 6th month of the tenancy... assuming the standard 1+1 agreement, another 6mths and the landlord can get him out by giving him a month's notice. Since legal eviction going to take 6mths anyway, doubt the information collected will make any difference to landlord if they want to evict him anyway.
    This type of documentation will build a stronger case against the tennant, foolish to provide it.

And it would definitely make a difference if it ever ends up in small claims (or any other court) re removal of the table costs (or any other costs the LL-side suddenly claims later on).
    Henrykk and LifeInHK like this.

To Sage: Thank you !
    It would be foolish to provide any documentation to the landlord.

The OP first posted on 05 May, and today is 10May... already five days gone. Sadly the OP comes across as a naive ... and sadly a lot of folks here have been giving him / her false hope.

To OP: Your deposit is gone. The sooner you move the better; i.e. before the bailiff is called.

Yes, the is such a thing as a bailiff that management company /agent/ landlord can call upon when fire regulations are at stake. Whoever tells you that the landlord cannot kick you out... has not yet dealt with fire regulations.

Suggest to the OP: Spend the remaining 4 days and your time and effort on finding another place to live. Forget about trying to stay in your current place. You would be wasting your precious time in convincing the landlord.

Why i am so sure? It would have taken complaints by neighbours to push the management company to hunt down the landlord.
    Since you mention "agent"; most likely it took a land registry search (which costs money now) and much hunting to find the absentee landlord. Angry neighbours have lodged complaints with BOTH the Fire Department , Buildings Department. Management companies are by nature rater lazy buggers. It is when both these government departments come to the building and conduct inspections, and put their licenses at stake, then only they will take action.

The building has already failed some inspection (by the Fire Dept) and the Incorporated Owners have their butt on the line, therefore the Management finally took action to hunt down that absentee landlord. Absentee landlord was forced to appoint agent to deal with mess.

OP, here is too much water under the bridge. Do not waste your time anymore to try and stay.
    The landlord has a file opened by both Fire and Buildings Departments ; therefore he has to get rid of this tenant, as the neighbours (other owners of the same building) has firmly escalated it.

OP, please take this as a lesson learnt to :
    1) read your documents before you sign, and do not rush into things (you got swindled in your lease)
    2) think about others also

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    This type of documentation will build a stronger case against the tennant, foolish to provide it.

And it would definitely make a difference if it ever ends up in small claims (or any other court) re removal of the table costs (or any other costs the LL-side suddenly claims later on).
    Last edited by LifeInHK; 10-05-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    jimbo and Henrykk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInHK:
    To Sage: Thank you !
    It would be foolish to provide any documentation to the landlord.

The OP first posted on 05 May, and today is 10May... already five days gone. Sadly the OP comes across as a naive ... and sadly a lot of folks here have been giving him / her false hope

Suggest to the OP: Spend the remaining 4 days and your time and effort on finding another place to live. Forget about trying to stay in your current place. You would be wasting your precious time in convincing the landlord.

Why i am so sure? It would have taken complaints by neighbours to push the management company to hunt down the landlord.
    Since you mention "agent"; most likely it took a land registry search (which costs money now) and much hunting to find the absentee landlord. Angry neighbours have lodged complaints with BOTH the Fire Department , Buildings Department. Management companies are by nature rater lazy buggers. It is when both these government departments come after them, and put their licenses at stake, then only they will take action. They would rather ignore it.... thats why OP had 3 months to bugger around with.

So , to OP, there is too much water under the bridge. The landlord has a file opened by both Fire and Buildings Deepartments ; therefore he has to get rid of this tenant, as the neighbours (other owners of the same building) has firmly escalated it.

OP, please take this as a lesson learnt (bitter? yes) to :
    1) read your documents before you sign, and do not rush into things
    2) think about others also
    Thank you for your opinion.
    I will not provide anything with a signature to her, just an apology letter to the landlord, property management.
    I get along with my neighbors and they haven't complained about me to anyone.
    There is one neighbor on my floor that I haven't met yet but they are the ones that keep their baby carrier in the public area as well, so I doubt that they complained about me.

I have told my agent several times that I will not put anything in the public area and that I learned my lesson.
    I will see if she still insists to demand anything with a signature.
    I have asked her several times how I can contact the landlord personally to apologize but she has been dodging this particular question so far. One time she said I should just write "To the landlord" and today she told me that it wouldn't be necessary to talk to the landlord as I should stop wasting everybody's time.

I wonder why she doesn't want to tell me who the landlord is

The neighbours who complain are not just those on the same floor. They are most likely to be neighbours living in the floors ABOVE you, who are owner/occupiers that do not like slum landlords and they are taking every opportunity that they can to make trouble for the owner of your flat.

Your eviction is just the tip of the iceberg. There are alot of other things going "wrong" with that flat .... so the sooner you move , the better for you. You are wasting your time and effort in trying to contact your landlord.

jimbo, Henrykk and VillanElle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrykk:
    Thank you for your opinion.
    I will not provide anything with a signature to her, just an apology letter to the landlord, property management.
    I get along with my neighbors and they haven't complained about me to anyone.
    There is one neighbor on my floor that I haven't met yet but they are the ones that keep their baby carrier in the public area as well, so I doubt that they complained about me.

I have told my agent several times that I will not put anything in the public area and that I learned my lesson.
    I will see if she still insists to demand anything with a signature.
    I have asked her several times how I can contact the landlord personally to apologize but she has been dodging this particular question so far. One time she said I should just write "To the landlord" and today she told me that it wouldn't be necessary to talk to the landlord as I should stop wasting everybody's time.

I wonder why she doesn't want to tell me who the landlord is
    And Jesus, you don't have to sign a letter for it to be evidence against you in a court case. Sending an apology letter ain't a smart move in the circumstances.

Make all your communication with your Landlord verbal unless you specifically want part of it recorded to strengthen YOUR position.
    Henrykk likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10