Like Tree163Likes

Tenant Eviction because of Piling Up Furnitures in the Corridor (Public Area)?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

LL can authorise someone (this woman maybe?) to act on his/her/company behalf. Eviction process is one, the other is to be taken to court for damages of all sorts. Just show up in court and see what the judge says.

Quote Originally Posted by VillanElle:
    LL can authorise someone (this woman maybe?) to act on his/her/company behalf. Eviction process is one, the other is to be taken to court for damages of all sorts. Just show up in court and see what the judge says.
    I wouldn't say that there were damages? Didn't break anything or hurt anyone. The only damage that was caused was when they hired a disposal company to get rid of my table but I think this cost will be deducted from my deposit.

My point is that she can top up that list with other to get the situation in her favour. But again, there’s a court system in place so leave it in their hands. This won’t end up in jail time. Just warnings and settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrykk:
    I wouldn't say that there were damages? Didn't break anything or hurt anyone. The only damage that was caused was when they hired a disposal company to get rid of my table but I think this cost will be deducted from my deposit.

My point is that she can top up that list with other to get the situation in her favour. But again, there’s a court system in place so leave it in their hands. This won’t end up in jail time. Just warnings and settlement.
    Why are you talking about jail time, warnings and settlements?

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    no question here. In terms of legality, this selfish dude can still continue living there and continue building up public hazards. Technically, he can stop paying rent too and wait till the case is closed by the court.

But ffs, this guy is a douchebag neighbor nobody wants.
    Yup the rules for our place is that we can’t have even a floor mat outside the front door to wipe our feet on.
    And definitely no shoes outside in the hallway either.

And yes we have to abide by it.

Outside the main apartment unit. To be more specific in the staircase public area. Most people don't even use the staircase since we have a lift but it was still wrong from my side.
    The staircase is a fire escape!

You don’t use the lifts in the event of a fire!

There’s no jail time involved. One thing less to worry. The judge may held her accountable instead.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why are you talking about jail time, warnings and settlements?

To be more specific in the staircase public area. Most people don't even use the staircase since we have a lift but it was still wrong from my side.
    Unless there is a fire!

There’s no jail time involved. One thing less to worry. The judge may held her accountable instead.
    Why are you talking about judges and courts?

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I don't condone the actions of placing personal items in the common area, and enough has been said by others regarding various issues in this thread.

However specifically with regards to this, let me bring your attention to a very relevant post by Michael Lower, who maintains an excellent blog on HK property related issues.

https://hklandlaw.wordpress.com/2015...-common-areas/
    Haha I know it would have backlash and dispute if this was done. But I wouldnt care. If some dick blocked my corridors, Id give them reasonable time to move it before I take up my own action. They can be the proactive person to "sue" me instead of others chasing him again to remove his safety hazard.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast