Like Tree163Likes

Tenant Eviction because of Piling Up Furnitures in the Corridor (Public Area)?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
  1. #81

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,886

    So next course of action is to revert back to what BDW and Mab wrote.

    Start looking around for a new place. Don't pay any more rent. And move out 2 months from the date of your last rent paid period.

    Your deposit covers the last 2 months rent.

    You're out of pocket 1 table and moving costs to a new place
    The landlord side is out of pocket the costs to remove your crap, but that will be under 1k

    Don't be dumb enough to be in a position where the landlord side is holding deposit value over and above what you owe in rent on the day you move out.

    They're very unlikely to go to small claims to attempt to recoup the table removal costs.

    Henrykk likes this.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    So next course of action is to revert back to what BDW and Mab wrote.

    Start looking around for a new place. Don't pay any more rent. And move out 2 months from the date of your last rent paid period.

    Your deposit covers the last 2 months rent.

    You're out of pocket 1 table and moving costs to a new place
    The landlord side is out of pocket the costs to remove your crap, but that will be under 1k

    Don't be dumb enough to be in a position where the landlord side is holding deposit value over and above what you owe in rent on the day you move out.

    They're very unlikely to go to small claims to attempt to recoup the table removal costs.
    Totally understand what you are saying!
    I really feel uncomfortable to continue living in the apartment without paying rent. I hope she will accept the apology letter. I'm pretty sure the landlord doesn't even know about all of this and that she just wants to give me a hard time and show me who's boss.
    Still hoping for an amicable agreement.
    Thank you again for taking the time and giving advice. Highly appreciate it!

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Taiwan and HK
    Posts
    6,255

    She is doing a CYA maneuver and covering herself in case you breach the rules again. I don't think she is going to use it against you unless you leave furniture out again. It's a lot of paperwork (HK loves paperwork, at least they didn't ask you to FAX it all to them) so up to you how much you want to stay. The "propose" part is where you offer to pay for the furniture removal costs already incurred.

    Henrykk likes this.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    She is doing a CYA maneuver and covering herself in case you breach the rules again. I don't think she is going to use it against you unless you leave furniture out again. It's a lot of paperwork (HK loves paperwork, at least they didn't ask you to FAX it all to them) so up to you how much you want to stay. The "propose" part is where you offer to pay for the furniture removal costs already incurred.
    And if she proceeds with an eviction notice through the courts having collected all the admissions of guilt?

  5. #85

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Taiwan and HK
    Posts
    6,255

    She already has enough to go through with an eviction. Plenty of proof already.


  6. #86

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    She is doing a CYA maneuver and covering herself in case you breach the rules again. I don't think she is going to use it against you unless you leave furniture out again. It's a lot of paperwork (HK loves paperwork, at least they didn't ask you to FAX it all to them) so up to you how much you want to stay. The "propose" part is where you offer to pay for the furniture removal costs already incurred.
    There will be no furniture parts or anything in the public area after seeing pictures of fire accidents.
    I thought they would automatically deduct the removal costs from my deposit?

    She mentioned several times that she has CCTV footage and photo proof. I will only send an apology letter and don't print out and sign any Whatsapp chat history or whatsoever.

    Thank you for your perspective!

  7. #87

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    She already has enough to go through with an eviction. Plenty of proof already.
    So why the "and covering herself in case you breach the rules again" comment? To me, you appear to have given the OP the impression that a 2nd chance may be granted and that it may be beneficial if he sends an apology letter.

    It's won't be, it's an admission of guilt.
    Last edited by Sage; 10-05-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    Henrykk and LifeInHK like this.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrykk:
    Outside the main apartment unit. To be more specific in the staircase public area. Most people don't even use the staircase since we have a lift but it was still wrong from my side.
    The staircase is there as a fire escape route since everyone with a BRAIN knows NEVER to take the elevator in the event of a fire.
    jimbo and dinosaurs88 like this.

  9. #89

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    14,436

    For crying out loud, Do you want to stay or not?
    do what’s requested or leave, That’s your options.

    angeluscomplex likes this.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Cramped island
    Posts
    5,682

    OP is already in the 5th or 6th month of the tenancy... assuming the standard 1+1 agreement, another 6mths and the landlord can get him out by giving him a month's notice. Since legal eviction going to take 6mths anyway, doubt the information collected will make any difference to landlord if they want to evict him anyway.

    Henrykk likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast