Is 10K - 12K Enough?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Also, there are four big apartment complexes around Lai Chui Kok. Decent seaview, cheaper rent, possibly walking distance to your work, but the neighborhood is less quiet and somewhat crowded

Quote Originally Posted by ucdavis08:
    Also, there are four big apartment complexes around Lai Chui Kok. Decent seaview, cheaper rent, possibly walking distance to your work, but the neighborhood is less quiet and somewhat crowded
    Have to disagree as I live in one of those complexes and its far from noisy and crowded.

Thank you all..I will look at Lai Chi Kok and Olympic on the Kowloon side...I was told that this area was very family oriented where as HK Islan was more for the young single people..is it true??

Thank you all again!!

go for www.horizonhotels.com.hk
    HK$9990 up for a 2 bedroom hotel suites, 270-degree panoramic veiw of the harbour.

This is in TST, much closer to nightlife, this place has club house as well. For your budget this might be good for you. they have two property, 1 is Harbourfront Horizon and the 2nd one is Harbourview Horizon.

Must agree it's better to stick with Kowloon (TST is okay) rush hours on the MTR and other public transport can be a real headache. You can always over to play on the Island (if you need to)

For Hong Kong island with that budget. Extremely hard to get anything unless living in super old nearly breaking down buildings (TONG LAU) which at most has 8 floors with no lift at all. I am very sure, but check out south horizions in Hong Kong (I WAS SUPRISED) Recently saw around 3 flats for rent in your budget. So better check fast or all rented out, because saw similar flats exactly the same i said in your budget but rent out for $17,000 per month UP.... so i guess there only a few with your budget there. Other then that getting close to Central Area and up you will get nothing for sure.. Not even a shoebox

Last edited by Judy_inHK; 11-12-2008 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Spelling edit

Wow...things do look really tough on HK Island...I guess the commute to bars and nightlife is the better idea...Thank you all...Kawloon it is..

Are there some good neighbourhoods between HK Island and Lai Chui Kok except TST (thanks wtbhotia!) or is that the best fit to look for safe apartments within my budget (10K - 12K)?

Thank you all.
    SK

10-12k is enough for a decent apartment. It doesn't mean that you will end up stuck in some broken down apartment with no lift. With that amount, you can find cheaper places in the Mid-Levels, like on Caine Road. It could get you a 600 or more sq ft flat in Kennedy Town in a place with a pool and gym. From the Kennedy Town area, it takes around 20minutes to get to Mong Kok... but I'm not sure about direct transport to your home.

Living in the slightly cheaper area near the University of HK might be an option, if you can figure out a fast and convenient direct way of getting to work. A cab ride home from a night out in Central will take around 15minutes at that time.

However, it seems that sticking to a place really close to your office would be better, unless you plan to party every night.

Last edited by nestutor; 12-12-2008 at 01:56 AM.