Like Tree22Likes

Places to rent along the Tung Chung line

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Yeah, but does the OP like to live literally right next to his/her office? I know some like the convenience. But I also have encountered others who need a little distance between where they live and where they work, to have that mental break between home and work, but still convenient enough that it doesn't take hours to get to work (I know that's kinda ironic given the work-from-home routine of the pandemic, but still, some prefer that physical or distance separation, even if its not a lot).
    My point was Austin Stations is 10 min walk to ICC. So a 40 min commute with 10 mins the other end that gives ~20 mins on the Tsuen Ma line. So Kam Sheung Road one way Hin Keng the other.

Both locations would offer lower rental costs and no faffing on multiple changes on the MTR but a 10 min walk at the start / end.

Certainly not the new town feel of Tung Chung but an option

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Having owned a penthouse and a village house pretty close to the Gold Coast, I'd have to agree that it is a pretty boring place, I mean how shit is the piazza/mall? I found it pretty soulless and full of tight ass retiree expats which for some reason were always originally from Wales lol.

Yeah nah, was pretty happy to sell up and move back to Sai Kung which is noticeably a lot more vibrant in the town centre any given weekend.

If I was single, there is no farking way I'd live out in the Hong Kong Ozarks aka Tung Chung, Gold Coast or Stepford County aka Discovery Bay.

Find a cool walk up or lift accessible bachelor pad in and around Lyndhurst Terrace, Central HK Island and thoroughly enjoy your sex life. Living out in the New Territories while not already being happily partnered, would seriously suck and greatly reduce your opportunity.

Once you've had your fun and eventually partnered, then live out in the Ozarks, not before.

But this heavily depends what 'your' priorities are. lol
    The plaza has pretty much been completely redeveloped since you were here (that is, in the last 2 years). It now has a lot more restaurants and the supermarket has doubled in size (and moved upstairs). We have beaches, mountains, hiking - that appeals to me more than mores shops on every level. Similarly in the time we have lived here, Tuen Mun has also changed a huge amount, with brand new shiny mall over the MTR (catering mainly to mainlanders but still very useful). I actually think Tuen Mun is a nice town - certainly once you get to know it. Not a place to move to on the first trip though.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5