Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By qhank
  • 1 Post By dinosaurs88

Living in hotel and using it as permanent residence

Closed Thread

Living in hotel and using it as permanent residence

I'll be moving to Hong Kong permanently towards the beginning of 2022. I've noticed there are hotels offering long term leases. Please pardon this silly question, but can I get mail living in these hotel units? and can living in a hotel be used to establish a residence for the purposes of opening a bank account?

Using as a mailing address - yes
    but if the bank will accept it... it will raise a flag to say the least

From personal experience, yes and yes. HSBC were fine with me opening an account (current and credit card) from a hotel room and the concierge was always assiduous in handing me mail.

I suggest you book one month first and apply to open your bank accounts then sign on for long service of hotel.

If the banks refuse, then go in to a flat share and apply. Then move out afterwards, move into serviced apartment, and update bank address

RMM likes this.

I opened an account at HSBC last month straight after landing. I gave my hotel address as well as my home address overseas. At first the CS rep was happy with the hotel address but somewhere along the line she said let's just use the overseas address so that's what I ended up with. Once I have a more permanent address I'll just go and change it.

emx likes this.

Just show them your hotel lease