Like Tree13Likes

Change of rent deposit bank account by Landlord

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Your contract is with the company, and the company may have many shareholders.

How do you know the person who signed the documents has passed away ?

Ask the "director" to send you a letter from his lawyerr's saying " We act for xyz Limited company. Please pay the money into account blah blah blah ". The person who passed away is a seperate entity from the company even if he did own it 100 percent.

I would just continue paying into the account as usual. I mean the account would have money that he will eventually access.

He would also have had to draw up proper letters from lawyers and death certificate to give to his bank to get access, so why does he need to direct you to put it into another account?

F i S h Y

emx likes this.

So finally discussed with the landlord and presented my concerns. I politely declined the change and he agreed.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    So finally discussed with the landlord and presented my concerns. I politely declined the change and he agreed.
    He agreed, but doesn't mean he is not annoyed or frustrated with the situation, after losing one of his parents and now having to haggle with tenants to arrange the finances, a simple task like changing bank account requiring lawyers, tenants refusing what are most likely genuine and sincere requests, etc. So even though you are correct and have done exactly the right thing, you might still be screwed anyway when the contract expires and he mercilessly jacks up the rent

He did not sound angry. Said he thought it was simple but its ok if we cannot. Anyway can't be held hostage. If he does get upset so he does. There is no lack of apartments in the city.

shri likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2