Like Tree7Likes

Landlord won't investigate aircon issue

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Original Post Deleted
    All that mambo jumbo is yours. It's called a straw man argument. You create a ridiculous argument (the straw man) and proceed to attack it as if I said any of that (can you read?). It's all smoker and mirrors.
    What is material is that you "conveniently" left out the part where I said your contract explicitly prohibits the use of deposit to pay rent. So, the minute you miss the rent you have created a loss and given your landlord cause for eviction action.
    If you're advocating to ignore the contract then you clearly didn't think it through. What if you still have 10 months left in the contract? Only 2 months in deposit. Then what? Plenty of time left for landlord to sure your ass and evict you.

Stories like this that make me worried about renting a place and I decide to stay in a hotel. However, staying in hotel also presents a different set of issues. Guests smoking and hotel management couldn't do anything about it citing "no evidence" despite the strong smell of cigarettes occupying the hallway and my room. This morning, housekeeping barged into my room (with DND sign on) while I was showering. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    Stories like this that make me worried about renting a place and I decide to stay in a hotel. However, staying in hotel also presents a different set of issues. Guests smoking and hotel management couldn't do anything about it citing "no evidence" despite the strong smell of cigarettes occupying the hallway and my room. This morning, housekeeping barged into my room (with DND sign on) while I was showering. Insane.
    You could rent o͟r͟ ͟b͟u͟y͟ and s͟t͟i͟l͟l͟ end up with neighbours who smoke/or burn prayer incense too...
    mistakes_maker likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Interesting idea... I will check tonight.

Edit: I can't see the aircon unit from my windows but looking at the opposite tower, all the aircon units have thick brick "roofs" protecting them.
    Last edited by slug; 07-07-2022 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    At no point do you hire your own contractor to touch that zircon because then he will say you damaged it and make you pay for a new one.
    For real? As the first thing I thought of was simply getting someone in myself and then billing LL if there was a proper problem.