Like Tree34Likes

Village Rentals - What to look out for?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

In Sai Kung - during Spring - when the dogs stop, the koels start.
    ALL. NIGHT, :-(

And then ... when the sun rises, the koels ... (somebody shoot me, or them, it doesn't matter which I don't care!!)
    ;-)

Cornmeal and emx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    It is not a bespoke concierge service .. its a community. You get what you give ... sometimes things are worth googling .. the same Qs have been asked over the last 20 years and despite global warming, the weather is not all that different.
    What do you expect from someone who joined last year and has just posted now (obviously without doing any searches on here or elsewhere)?

Does it get cold or hot in HK? Have you checked out Wikipedia?

Villages are a mixed bag no matter where you go and it will mostly come down to the cohesiveness of the villagers and the willingness and scruples of the village leader, who is supposed to step in in disputes, maintain common areas/ roads etc. There is no such thing as "illegal parking" in villages just parking where your car stays unscathed and tires inflated and everywhere else!

OP has provided so little info I'm surprised we've all shown up, guess it's just the monotony of living here ATM.

I’ve been exceptionally lucky with my two village houses. The first one had a massive western kitchen (and my tiny helper had to use steps to reach cupboards).

Parking is NOT an issue in my village as long as you have an allocated space and stick to it. There’s more issues with needless parking tickets periodically dished out. The road goes nowhere and it’s over a 10 min walk to bus stop so I fail to see the justification.

Barking Dogs are a right pain but that is my only major complaint. Double the room for half the cost, live in the countryside. Yep that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan67:
    In Sai Kung - during Spring - when the dogs stop, the koels start.
    ALL. NIGHT, :-(

And then ... when the sun rises, the koels ... (somebody shoot me, or them, it doesn't matter which I don't care!!)
    ;-)
    No Koels at the moment where i live,it's heaven.

I don't know where they find the energy to keep up that bloody racket all day.

This thread is starting to remind me of a post I saw in the Expat Hong Kong FB group the other day...

Some grapefruit posted anonymously, urgently asking for winter clothing (for free) as apparently he/she just arrived in HK (during probably the hottest week ever in this city) and didn't have warm clothes.

shri likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4