Like Tree2Likes

Flat or serviced apartment

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Flat or serviced apartment

Hello, so i will finish my 1st year of rental contract in mid Nov this year after staying for almost 7 yrs in west NT. My work is in airport and im planning to move nearby. What is the best option for a single guy? My work contract is up to early 2024 and im not sure of I will finish it as Im having home sickness.

1. Rent a monthly service apartment, 8k to 10k, 130 to 150 sqft at rambler tsing yi. I need to ride the bus to tsing yi but the travel time is only minutes shorter compared to my current travel.

2. Rent at least 1yr in a flat at Tung Chung, 350 sqft 11k. Travel is quite short.

3. Co share a room in tung chung but dont know where to find? Will it be min of 1 year stay also if I will be the in the contract?

4. When and where should I look for a flat/serviced apt? Any other tips?

Thanks.

The reviews of the Rambler are pretty bad. I briefly looked at it when considering long term hotel options since it was so cheap. Options for long stay hotels and serviced hotels in your budget range are quite limited atm.

shri and djtron99 like this.

There are plenty of flats and sharing groups on FB.

For serviced apartment or hotel options you need to budget 20k+ minimum.

I would go for option 2 and the additional space in Tung Chung.

Get a serviced apartment. You will have the freedom to leave at any time in case you decide to go home. Why I get one when in HK for awhile. Otherwise you are stuck if you sign a lease for an apartment.

Thanks. Are there any options near the Airport? Do they allow cooking in an induction cooker? Microwave? In rambler at tsing yi, costs around 8k for 150sqft. My budget is less than 10k. I could ride airport express with a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennBond:
    Get a serviced apartment. You will have the freedom to leave at any time in case you decide to go home. Why I get one when in HK for awhile. Otherwise you are stuck if you sign a lease for an apartment.
    Thanks. Are there any options near the Airport? Do they allow cooking in an induction cooker? Microwave? In rambler at tsing yi, costs around 8k for 150sqft but another 20min bus to mtr. Currentl leaving at yuen long for 12k 500 sqft 1hr train

many spaces for Flat share available in Tung Chung ( Carribbean Coast ) no need 1 year contracts

Quote Originally Posted by dipak128:
    many spaces for Flat share available in Tung Chung ( Carribbean Coast ) no need 1 year contracts
    Where can I find this. Very few in fb group

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast