Opinions of To Kwa Wan

Closed Thread

Opinions of To Kwa Wan

Anyone have experience living in this area? As an alternative to the Hung Hom area, I think TKW isn't bad and maybe be cheaper. There's one building (cannot recall name at the moment) that is an extremely new building and possibly cheaper than the ones I've been looking at in Hung Hom.

Quote Originally Posted by wayland:
    Anyone have experience living in this area? As an alternative to the Hung Hom area, I think TKW isn't bad and maybe be cheaper. There's one building (cannot recall name at the moment) that is an extremely new building and possibly cheaper than the ones I've been looking at in Hung Hom.
    TKW is massive, which part u talking about, i have lived in the old part near the old airport many many years ago, loads of cheap rent there. Traffic does suck if your heading to TST/Jordan cause of the cross harbour/lai chi kok heading traffic, also no MTR.

Are you talking about Grand Waterfront which is next to the Kowloon City Pier and the giant tanks at Town Gas?

The pier a ferry to North Point - so it's probably convenient if you're commuting there regularly.

Friends live there (Grand Waterfront), i believe they pay 13k for abt 600ft(pre-meltdown)....nice clubhouse and fit and finish seems good.

Last edited by timklip; 16-12-2008 at 08:20 AM.

If the rent at Grand Waterfront is $13k, wouldn't you rather consider the service apartments (Harbourfront/Harbourview Horizon) in Hunghom? The location is far more convenient.

Yes, the building I was asking about was indeed the Grand Waterfront. Apparently it's only a couple of years old.

nineofive, why is Hung Hom more convenient?

If you are up at Harbourfront etc, you'd be close to the Hunghom ferry piers, where ferries can take you to North Point, Wanchai or Central.

There are also buses and minibuses taking you to Mongkok, TST and other districts.

Other than that, you'll have the MTR Shatin-TST line coming in a few years. For now you can have a 15 min walk to MTR Hunghom, plus the Intercity trains taking you to Guangzhou (or even Shanghai and Beijing).

Jusco and Parknshop at Whampoa Garden are also nearby for groceries. Whampoa also has plenty of high street shops and food joints.

HTH.

The rents at Grand Waterfront all falling significantly. I have seen rents for two BRs (second one is very small) at $8000 and $8500.

I ran into a woman from Sweden who was renting a place for a month while they were here on holiday/business.

My preference would be Hung Hom but GW has some advantages:

> free ferry to Central for two years (not sure when that ends) that runs in the morning and back at night. Less times on Saturday.

> ferry to North Point.

Light buses and buses to Mong Kok, TST are there as is the bus terminal with buses to most places. 115 bus runs to Central.

The only bus challenge is the tunnel traffic in rush hours.

If you need the night bus, you have to walk down Mau Tau Kok road past the old cattle depot from Ma Tau Wai Road. Safe walk.

Jusco is in the complex as are some restaurants.

What a coincidence, an agent called me this week about 2 2bdrm apartments for 8k and 8.5k in the GW. They were 5?? sqr feet.

Thing I've noticed in the GW ads is that for 2bdrm, 585 is the smallest and anything larger is 3bdrm which is illogical for me.