Like Tree4Likes

Workshop / shop / roof for 1 month near midlevels?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Workshop / shop / roof for 1 month near midlevels?

I'm not even sure what kind of word to describe what I'm looking for.

I need somewhere to paint and glue my project. I'm not sure if electricity is essential, but it would be very useful.

What is this called here?
    A lock up?

Last I checked, and this was 3 years ago now, one of the maker spaces had a presence in the PMQ building on Aberdeen Street. Maker Bay- you might want to Google/call them. The PMQ space was not huge, I have no idea where you'd store projects. Their main place out in the NT is warehouse sized with a huge range of fixed tool stations, print/CNC machines, etc.

Otherwise, what you are looking for sounds highly, highly unlikely. You've picked the densest and most expensive part of HK to look for temporary workshop space. I've done it- we built a couple of 3 meter wingspan gliders and a car for Redbull events in Central, but this was all down to personal contacts having either empty rental space or commercial workshops.

Can you estimate how much surface space that you need ? e.g. enough to fit how many ping pong tables ?

or even better if you can estimate in square feet ?
    some folks have empty office space within industrial buildings in the western district/ sheung wan area

UniqueUserName likes this.

Yes. I used the Makerspace in the past, but the PMQ one is tiny and the other one is too far.

I need about a ping pong table size for the work area and maybe another ping pong for tools.

I could actually use a bare office space, yes; by setting up a tent to contain the dust. So that could actually be an option.

Yes. I used the Makerspace in the past, but the PMQ one is tiny and the other one is too far.

I need about a ping pong table size for the work area and maybe another ping pong for tools.

I could actually use a bare office space, yes; by setting up a tent to contain the dust. So that could actually be an option.

Sheung Wan is pretty close to me. That could be handy.

Can anyone help me with the search term at least? If I know what to look for, it's a least a start.

What is the term for a place to make things? A garage? A lock up? A shop?

I think that what you're looking for is so niche that the English term is irrelevant, you need this asked around in Cantonese.

Serviced office, co-work space, though they might not like what sounds like an arts and craft project turning up. I think the chances of a one month commercial rental in the area you're asking about is very slim. Maybe get a big unit in a warehouse storage business, that's possibly your best bet for short term space that's not going to be commercially expensive.

UniqueUserName likes this.

You can easily find a place with rooftop in Airbnb.

jgl likes this.

@UniqueUserName It's probably worth saying how much you're prepared to pay for this one month of space, because the suggestions so far are all over the place in terms of cost.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    @UniqueUserName It's probably worth saying how much you're prepared to pay for this one month of space, because the suggestions so far are all over the place in terms of cost.
    $15,000

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast