Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dinosaurs88

Flooding/leaking inside the room

Closed Thread

Flooding/leaking inside the room

Hello, may I ask cause I was not in Hongkong from Sunday til now, unfortunately there was a strong leaking from my faucet cause it was broken according to my landlord this morning. My laptop and gaming console was broken and wet, it was a terrible flood, even my neighbor is flooding as well in the sale flat is flooding. What is the liabilities of the landlord? Thanks a lot.

Did you buy personal home insurance for yourself>

I have been through this by accidentally flooding the apartment and it went downstairs. My landlord quickly settled the amount with the owner downstairs to avoid involving insurance companies. Since it was fault I coughed up the full amount to the landlord. The landlord was smart to get the owner to sign that the amount was in full and final settlement and no further claim. His worry was that the claim would get bigger.
    I could have kick started my insurance thrid party for flooding but then take the risk that the claim from the flat below would be super super huge. It was my fault for the flooding but glad my landlord had the foresight to put a cap on it. Had to pay $20K . Saw it a. lesson learnt.
    shri likes this.