Like Tree22Likes

Schizophrenic neighbour making complaints about noise and lying about it

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

I’m not a schizophrenic. Yes I am, no I’m not, yes I am. Simple answer mostly previously stated. Put in writing to LL, building management, print copies and leave them at the front desk, keep spares for when they throw them away. When they call refer them to the written statement and hang up.

If only one neighbour is complaining about you, then I take your side, and management office should also take your side. As soon as two or more neighbours complain, then I switch to the other side and tell you to stop being a noisy neighbour. You should tell this to management office too, which is just common sense and hopefully your management have a bit of common sense.

Also if not done already, knock on neighbours door, say hi and introduce yourself. Be friendly, find out what are the noise issues they are referring to, even if they are full of shit stay nice and ask them to record it next time because for you there is no noise and you are already doing the best you can.

First time be nice. If they keep going on about it then you can go all angry expat on them and at that point you might as well play their game, start complaining about their harrassment, first to management office, then to police.

We all have our own way of dealing with these kinds of things.

It could be such a long list of things.

I would have lost my cool on purpose quite early with the building management. I would have raised my voice just a tiny bit and told them to send someone to sit outside the flat to monitor the noise as I'm definitely not making any. It's not my problem. Stop bothering me

I would avoid the neighbour. They could be racist, mentally ill, violent, or actually making valid complaints but innocently about the incorrect flat. No way to know. I have no interest in talking to my neighbours even if they're nice. A smile in the lift is enough. We all have different personalities.

I would absolutely not get the police involved. Never forget 2019. Don't expect them to act logically or fairly. Lots of good ones and lots of bad apples.

Let us know how you get on.

typical HK, building management is an oxymoron

tf19 and hongkongmusic like this.

The the management office to get proof or it didn't happen

He said/she said is pointless.

Shutting this down ... its not about locals v/s enlightened expats. As usual, some randos have taken it on themselves to make it about us v/s them, as opposed to idiots v/s not-idiots.

One just needs to take a look at some of the UK housing forums to figure out how good we have it in here with our neighbours.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4