Like Tree3Likes

shama vs. han residence vs. chi residence

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks, everyone.. we had a change of plan and are now planning on Gold Coast. Our daughter (11) will not be in school (i will be home
    schooling =( ), we will be traveling and i wanted to be able to p[lay tennis, and swim easily, maybe meet some kids her age?? . Hopefully, it will be OK.. If not we can change once we get there...

had a look see at the lodge - it was a bit of a walk from jordan mtr station but i think nearer the east tst line (austin station). so if you have to be in central or in areas of the tsuen wan line, it's a bit of an effort to walk to and switch to the other train line

Quote Originally Posted by kcmachan:
    If budget is not a main concern, I would suggest to stay at the Hong Kong side, central or mid levels; because I think Hong Kong side has more fun, more convenience in terms of shopping and quality eatery; however the rent at Hong Kong side usually cost more. Good Luck.
    Errrh clearly from someone who seldom go to Kowloon

Kowloon has WAY more shops (from top brand to small shops) than HK island.

Eateries? are you kidding, some of the very best hotels (and associated restaurants) in HK are on the Kowloon side (Peninsula, Intercontinental, W hotel....) and for "lower" type of resto it is pretty much the same.

Convenience? really depends where you work....

But yes you are right on average rents on HK side are more expensive...(still didnt really get why ppl focus so much on HK island...)
    JaredHK and Skyhook like this.