Pricing on Accomodation

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto:
    Please do not be difficult. You know well that when the word "Mainland" or "大陆" is used, it is in reference to all within the borders of the PRC, excluding HK, MC, and TW (if you include TW as part of the PRC).

"Kowloon peninsula" and the outlying islands can be cheaper than HK Island, but there are also areas on HK Island which are cheap.

We need to know your budget is, where you need to be for work/your internship, and how long you want to take to get there, because housing costs can range extremely. For example, you could rent out a room with a private bath in Sheung Shui (right across from the Mainland border) from some guy who knows a guy for mad cheap, but you'd be extremely far away from places on HK Island.
    If you read Post#4, the way the OP is talking, he is refering kowloon peninsula as Mainland because he doesnt want to live on HK island. To all us that live here we know Mainland as Mainland China. dont make a fuss about the wording.

I read their OP's post. I can't help it if you're all being loony with your use of words.

I don't want to live on HK Island either (bad enough that I have to work there!), but that's neither here nor there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto:

We need to know your budget is, where you need to be for work/your internship, and how long you want to take to get there, because housing costs can range extremely. For example, you could rent out a room with a private bath in Sheung Shui (right across from the Mainland border) from some guy who knows a guy for mad cheap, but you'd be extremely far away from places on HK Island.
    Sorry, did not mean to cause an argument. When I say I want to live on the mainland, I mean I still want to live in Hong Kong, not China.

But going back to my original question, I will be most likely working in 3-15, Kwai Chung Hospital Road, New Territories. So thats where I will mostly likely want to live, unless I get placed somewhere else or my roommate gets placed somwhere not in NT. I think in regards to travel time, I would like to be able to get to my job site in less than an hour, ideally about 30 minutes. I'll probably eat out ever day whereever its cheap. I wil want to also do some cheap shopping for clothes, etc while I'm there, see the nightlife and attractions on weekends as well.

Quote Originally Posted by whim26:
    Sorry, did not mean to cause an argument. When I say I want to live on the mainland, I mean I still want to live in Hong Kong, not China.

^^ But Hong Kong is in China, isn't it ?

But going back to my original question, I will be most likely working in 3-15, Kwai Chung Hospital Road, New Territories. So thats where I will mostly likely want to live, unless I get placed somewhere else or my roommate gets placed somwhere not in NT. I think in regards to travel time, I would like to be able to get to my job site in less than an hour, ideally about 30 minutes. I'll probably eat out ever day whereever its cheap. I wil want to also do some cheap shopping for clothes, etc while I'm there, see the nightlife and attractions on weekends as well.
    If you are looking at a convenient place that's not too far from Kwai Chung, then apartment complexes in Tsing Yi and Tsuen Wan will be logical choices.

We look forward to seeing you here in Hong Kong, a Special Administration Region of the Peoples Republic of China....

I hope you didn't think, that Hong Kong was in Tokyo lol

yes thats right, i forgot Hong Kong joined China.

thanks

yes thats right, i forgot Hong Kong joined China.

thanks
    well, technically this is not true. HK was given back to China by the Brits, HK never "joined" China, it had no say in the matter.

But going back to my original question, I will be most likely working in 3-15, Kwai Chung Hospital Road, New Territories.
    Despite the name of the road, it's actually closest to the Mei Foo area, which can get a bit pricey. However, it is close to Lai King, which is quite cheap.

Places that you may consider:
    - Kwai Fang (lots of cheap things here; housing close to the MTR station/bus depot is more reasonable than other places; the Kwai Chung Plaza mall is amongst my favourites as far as what's available and their prices)
    - Lai King (see above)
    - Tsuen Wan (you can take either the MTR Tsuen Wan or West Rail lines, depending on where you live; housing is more expensive closer to transportation, but there are a ton of food options here)
    - Cheung Sha Wan/Sham Shui Po (cheap things; closer to areas with a "night life")

As far as prices, you're really going to have to just look online (e.g. gohome.com.hk) to get an idea of what prices are in those areas and then take a few days when you arrive to go on foot to real estate agents to find a place that fits your budget.