V Causeway Bay Serviced Apartments

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

V Causeway Bay Serviced Apartments

Has anyone here had any or heard of any bad experiences with the V Causeway Bay Serviced Apartments:

V serviced apartments

I'm planning on taking a 1 or 2 month holiday in HK and I'm looking for a decent serviced apartment in the $10K - $15K HKD range.

from my own random observations of the V in happy valley, i thought it was a brothel until 1 of my friend stayed there and i thought there wasn't much of a market with Caucasian hookers.

Problems with The V

While the appartments are nice we had the following problems:

After measuring the actual size turns out to be only half of the indicated space

When damaging parts they charge you double of the actual value (checked in the shop) and are not willing to provide any prove of the value.

Very noisy because the tram is right in front of the building and squeaking around the tracks till midnight every minute

Where is this apartment?
    What I can get for 45K?
    Any facilities in the building?
    And what's the view?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 041231:
    While the appartments are nice we had the following problems:

After measuring the actual size turns out to be only half of the indicated space

When damaging parts they charge you double of the actual value (checked in the shop) and are not willing to provide any prove of the value.

Very noisy because the tram is right in front of the building and squeaking around the tracks till midnight every minute
    Thanks for the reply. I decided to take the place.

I kind of guessed it wouldn't be that large, but since I'm going to Hong Kong on vacation I probably won't be in the room that often. And I will make sure not to damage anything.

Noise doesn't really bother me. I used to have an apartment right next to loading docks for a grocery store. They had lots of trucks with lots of noise all day...especially at 5AM. I can sleep through anything now.

Again thanks for the reply. I'm very much looking forward to my holiday in Hong Kong.

I stayed in one of their studio suites last month and I think that while their services are top-notch, it's not worth quite as much as the hefty price tag it costs to stay there.

In comparison I am at a studio suite at another serviced apartment right now where I'm paying half of what I paid at the V. While the maids aren't as determined to break down your door at all hours of the day to clean every spot in the room (not sure if that is a good or bad thing), and there is no reception floor here to cater to my needs, it serves me well as someone who is not expecting an over the top service experience.

I can also attest to the noise level at the CWB location as I stayed on the 4th floor which is pretty close to street level. Besides the trams and buses going, I remember one night they were digging a giant hole on the street right in front of the McDonalds and there was no way anyone could sleep through the noise and bright spotlights they had going. I would recommend trying to get as high up a floor as you can if you plan on staying there.

What serviced apartment are you at now?

Hi Robogar,

do you mind sharing what place you're at now? hard to find any places that are reasonably priced on the internet from afar!

I second that! Having MAJOR issues trying to get accommodation sorted before I arrive...any hints on cheaper but still nice serviced apartments would be a great help!

very decent

hello
    staying there long term, i confirm that the size is clearly not what is announced. nevertheless the service is good, the team is superfriendly and helpful and the location perfect (for me) althought tourists may enjoy Soho better....

Thumbs down V - happy valley

V is ok - but there is better out there. V's a kind of "in between" serviced apartment - it's not high end, but it isn't cheap. Some of the furnishings are described as "designer" but they are ridiculous - the "Italian sofa" that apparently costs $20,000 doesn't even fit one person on it. Plus I didn't get half the extra's listed on the brochure.

I was meant to be staying at V Happy Valley for 1 year but cut this short as my 'neighbour' enjoyed smoking cigars which made my room full of cigar smell / smoke. Despite numerous complaints over the last 2 months as he continued to smoke (the building is meant to be non smoking) it was never remedied and so I recently cancelled my tenancy.

The worst thing is that I have been charged 80 percent of my deposit ($14400) for terminating the contract. I'm not sure that is really fair considering the circumstances but I'm just glad to be out of the place - a smoky room is not what you need when faced with the polluted HK air all day...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast