Like Tree19Likes

indigenous Hong Kong People (???) rights of land ownership

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Ask your village chief (assuming still exist), if not the last representative of your village, check you have ROA status with 3 stars (some village chief won't accept rtl or no stars)

Then once you confirmation, you able to find out about possible right to build /??
    Or, as long as you have 3 star ID, pay a village head enough that he will claim ancestry and you can get a plot of land. Plenty of non indigenous who have been passed land in this huge farce.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Ask your village chief (assuming still exist), if not the last representative of your village, check you have ROA status with 3 stars (some village chief won't accept rtl or no stars)

Then once you confirmation, you able to find out about possible right to build /??
    How do I even find out who that person is?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dossier
    How do I even find out who that person is?

Thanks
    Everybody knows who it is in the village
    Just ask.

Easy, find the election government records which states the village chief

I've always wonder how 'indigenous' the people in the villages are. I mean, how many generations back have they been at that land? From my past experiences with people from several villages, the majority are Hakka people, correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they travel around a fair bit beforehand? I understand that they have ancestral shrines 'chi tong', and lists their ancestors, but many of those generations of ancestors lived there?

My family are considered indigenous have been in HK 4 generations (I think) and yes we are Hakka people. From what my parents tell me, the ancestors from our village used to own the surrounding land which was then appropriated by the government

you're considered indigenous if you can trace your roots in HK back to a certain date... 1880 or something like that? The Hakka arrived in HK in the 1860s I believe.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo
    you're considered indigenous if you can trace your roots in HK back to a certain date... 1880 or something like that? The Hakka arrived in HK in the 1860s I believe.
    You need to trace them back to 1898, and this only applies to the New Territories.
    Eddy Mundo and imparanoic like this.

Does it have to be from a father side? Can it be from a mother side because her family lived in Fan Ling for a few generations.

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS
    Does it have to be from a father side? Can it be from a mother side because her family lived in Fan Ling for a few generations.
    Sadly, it's only from father side, females were never given this right in the first place so they can not pass it down to the next generation

Hence why the older generation prefer boys than girls, but increasely due preference is child sex nowadays is almost irrelevant

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast