While I am looking for a job I need a studio type thing to stay in for 1-3 months for myself and my wife. I'm guessing these usually take the form of a "serviced appartment" though, to be honest I don't really care about the servicing as we are capable of that ourselves. However, I don't think "unserviced" apartments exist.
I'm basically looking for the cheapest "livable" (for a gweilo!) place possible. We don't have jobs yet so location is NOT important. Even NT is fine. But some things which we do need are:
- Double bed.
- A/C (obviously).
- kitchenette + fridge suitable for semi-regular cooking. Includes basic utensils and appliances.
- Broadband in room (preferably wireless).
- QUIET at night.
Things which would be great but not essential.
- balcony (esp for drying clothes).
- fitness facilities.
- some kind of security (CCTV, guard, etc)
Things don't care about
- local phone
- could live with shared bathroom.
I've seen some reasonable places for HK$9K-10K but these are all centrally located. If possible I'd sacrifice centrality for a few $ saving.
So has anyone been anwhere suitable they would recommend?