Furnished Serviced Apt Needed for HKD25K-35K/month

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Furnished Serviced Apt Needed for HKD25K-35K/month

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you may can help me. (Does my charming smiley persuade you to help?)

My husband & I are moving to Hong Kong at the beginning of May for a 5 month period. His company (located in Central, HK) will be putting us up in a furnished, serviced apartment for the duration of our stay, but we can select the apartment ourselves.

I was hoping some users may could provide us with options within very close proximity to convenient MTR stations, are nicely furnished, and fall into the range of 1 bedroom @ HKD25K-35K or so per month. He'll be working in Central, but has been told that as long as he's close to the MTR stations, most locations should be ok. Ideally, of course, it's great to be in an area close to restaurants/malls/nightlife, but I'm willing to sacrifice a bit on location for a modern apartment with nice furnishing, if necessary (as long as it's close to the MTR station of course).

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to have them.. Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by bethany725; 14-04-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Hong Kong Serviced Apartments - Hong Kong Directory

Quite a few listings in that price range. Did you have a specific location in mind?

Thanks for the link, Editor!

I'm not too picky on location.. Even south Kowloon (since it's apparently only a couple of stops away from my husband's office Central?), is okay. And of course, Wan Chai, Queens Road, anything around Lan Kwai Fong is great.. (Sorry for any misspellings.. I'm pretty clueless about location names so far )
    Basically anything that provides easy access to the MTR line is acceptable.. I'd like to avoid anything longer than a 15-20 minute MTR commute to Central for my husband if this is possible.

I hope this helps! I'm sorry if some of it doesn't make sense.. I'm strictly working off of Google Maps, so it may seem a little unclear due to my limited knowledge. I'll check out your link now.. Thanks again.

Bethany - Did you find anything good. We are looking for a similar place, good standard of finish, ideally with 2bedrooms for HK$30k

Hi Beanieskis!

We ended up picking The HarbourView Place in ICC in West Kowloon -- I'm not exactly sure of the price because my husband's company is handling all of the booking and financial details, but we've selected a 1 bedroom in that building.
    This is the site for that building:
    SHKP : The HarbourView Place

We also quite liked Lanson Place (Lanson Place), which I believe is closer to Causeway Bay but sits right on the MTR line.

Last, we also liked The Putman Apartments (The Putman). This is on Queen's Road in Central, but we got the warning that this wasn't very close to the MTR line.. Since this was an import factor, it played a part in our decision.

I hope this helps you... Let me know if you have anymore questions and I'll try my best to help. Thanks again to you guys that helped me out while we were searching. The links and lists and suggestions were a big help.

Last edited by bethany725; 21-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.

>> We ended up picking The HarbourView Place in ICC in West Kowloon

Good. They're a new client of ours.

From the look of the map for The Putman, it was about as close as it's possible to get to the central MTR station so I'm not sure quite what your criteria might be! Anyway, good luck, let us know how you find Harbour View when you move in (or have you already done so?)

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Just fyi, the Putnam is in Central and walking distance to CBD.

Perhaps I got confused.. We are really unfamiliar with HK, but we went our list of those top 3 choices to my husband's relocation company, and I THOUGHT they said The Putman wasn't close to the MTR.. Perhaps they're even less familiar with HK than we are! We put it on the list b/c we thought it looked ok location-wise, but assumed we had just gotten it all wrong. No worries.. This is all part of the relocating with a large international company, a bank no less! I've learned to take it in stride and keep going.. lol.

Thanks for the helpful comments, everyone.
    We're moving next week -- I'll post back to let you know how The HarbourView Place is.

Quote Originally Posted by bethany725:
    Perhaps they're even less familiar with HK than we are!
    This would be pretty consistent with a few other comments about relocation companies .....! Some of them are pretty useless, while I think others have 'special deals' (for them, not you) with some serviced appts and 'steer you' in that direction whether you like it or not.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast