Hi, My apartment contract in Causeway Bay will end in 1.5 months. I've heard its a renters market right now. Soho and Wanchai seem to be a good bet.
I am looking for a place with the following (in order of importance):
- Close to subway and actually close (sometimes you have to walk 10 minutes once inside the MTR.... i.e in TST)
- 10 minutes to central by MTR or walk
- A place to meet young expats if possible
- Grocery store and laundry within walking distance
- 350+ sq feet
- Big washroom
- Apartment fairly new or recently renovated
- Presentable lobby without steps to get to elevator
Budget: $8000 to $10,000
I know that some one bedroom/studio apartments have the above features. For example, Manhattan Heights is ideal, but its far and above my price range. Harbour Plaza is also nice (serviced apt).. again far.
I'm looking at this link on Geoexpat to find something similar in my price range:
Wanchai Serviced Apartments - Hong Kong Directory
Soho Serviced Apartments - Hong Kong Directory