Looking for a real estate agent who speaks English

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a real estate agent who speaks English

Hello,

My husband and I are looking for a real estate agent who speaks English and we seem to have no luck. We emailed some large real estate companies, ie. Centanet - but no one bothered to reply.

Help?

Thanks!

-M.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Go to the area you are interested in and look for an agency. Most will have one person who speaks English.

definitely walk into an agency...they won't waste their time answering emails when there are live bodies walking into the shop...as Claire says, they will have at least one agent who will speak English well enough to help you

Which area are you looking at, I got a few numbers from agents in Tiu Keng Leng.

We are looking at apartments in the Kowloon area - no specific area in mind, pretty flexible, as long as we are close to MTR station or good transportation. 20 minutes commute to Mongkok max.

On another note - a real estate agent from Centanet finally called me - alas, he does not speak a word of English. (??) Baffles my mind when I specifically asked for someone who speaks English...

-M.

Quote Originally Posted by LeChatNoir:
    On another note - a real estate agent from Centanet finally called me - alas, he does not speak a word of English. (??) Baffles my mind when I specifically asked for someone who speaks English...

-M.
    As the other guys are saying - it's easily explained if you realise that you're using the wrong communication medium for the job. Just walk in and ask in person. Generalising a bit, but real estate agents, especially on the Kowloon side, are not going to be highly educated types with lots of time on their hands who amuse themselves by crafting beautifully written emails in a foreign language.

... particularly when they are dealing with someone who speaks fluent Cantonese!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    ... particularly when they are dealing with someone who speaks fluent Cantonese!
    Oooh good spot.

in her defense, she states that SHE speaks fluent Cantonese...not her husband, so she probably wants someone whom they both can communicate with...I'm in the same boat...I tag along in the house hunting while my wife deals with the agent (his broken English is more of a hindrance than a help, so she does the Canto translation later. I would like a more fluent agent, but he does his job well so I'm willing to make the sacrifice)

if you look in the Kowloon Tong area (which fits your criteria), you should easily find and Eng speaking agent as it has a relatively high concentration of non-canto speakers

Last edited by timklip; 29-04-2009 at 11:12 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast