2 Macdonnell Road

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Macdonnell Road

Hi,

I am moving to a serviced apartment in 2 Macdonnell Road this weekend. Been in HK for more than 5 months now, and have been staying in Kennedy Town.

Opinions and comments about the new place very welcome, and looking to meet new people in the vicinity for a drink.

Cheers!!

It's an OK place to live in. The only bad part being not too many dining options unless you don't mind walking down to Admiralty station or Pacific Place. There is a PnS right across the road, a beautiful park which, I think, is a shortcut for going to Central..

The hotel food is good, though a little pricey. There are not too many transportation options - taxi, bus no. 12 or a minibus. The problem with the buses is that they are not as frequent as in KT.

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    bus no. 12
    Bus no. 12A to be precise (the number 12 goes on the Caine/Seymour/Robinson loop).

2 macdonnell road

The newly opened Chinese restuarant across the road in YWCA is good value for money and serves decent Cantonese home cooking.

thanks all!

I checked it out this Fri (moving this Sunday), it there was NO 7/11 or k-circle anywhere in a radius of 3-5 mins .. Only thing that's open overnite is a Sinopec store D

Found the PnS. And yeah, just 12A, although I checked on Centamap that there's a small stop with 4-5 other bus services very nearby (towards Robinson Road i think)

Wondering about what is the shortest way from 2 Mcdonnell to Central (IFC) - is it walkable each day? .. Tried taking the mid-level elevator, but it brings me to Robinson and there's quite some walk from there to 2MR. Wondering if I took hte right way!

Tks for hte suggestions!

Cheers!

It's certainly not walkable in the height of summer. The 1A Green minibus is probably your best bet.

Or just get one of the buses (12 or 3B from Central) up to the stop where Kennedy Road joins Cotton Tree Drive and then walk up another 200m.

Last edited by PDLM; 16-05-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks PDLM! .. Also , just wondering if there's a laundry service around this place! .. The laundry service in 2MR is a bit expensive! ..

So used to having a washing machine in Manhattan heights

Tks

Hi
    We've been living at 2 MacDonnell for the last 7 months and we love it!!! It's very nice building, they keep it very, very clean, the stuff has been very helpful. Whatever we needed they helped us with, such as more blankets and heaters in winter, changing the sheets even when not supposed to( btw they change them 3 times a week). The internet is very fast, the food at the restaurant is good, cheeper for the residents. They also have babysitters available.There is the botanical garden and HK Park, so the scenery is very nice
    As far as transportation, tehre is a free shuttle bus to central and admiralty and back for the residents. There is bus 12 , the green mini bus and oss course cabs. My husband walks to IFC everyday, he walks though the HK Botanical garden then down Albany road and Pedder street, Lan Kwan Foi .
    I realy can not help you with the laundery, the only place I found is on Cane road, but not worth it, cause it is only 1 dollar cheaper for a pound, plus you ahve to take it and pick it up, this way, they take it, wash it, fold it and they put it on your bed.
    Park and shop is cross teh street, and it is very well stocked up with fresh foodthe one bad thing is that there is no pool on site, but the one on YWCA which is so small
    I hope this helps
    Have a nice day

There's a door to door laundry service. I am not sure about the price, but it saves u from picking/dropping esp in this weather

I've looked them up to do some dry cleaning only.
    Bubbles - Door to Door dry cleaning & laundry - free pick up and delivery

Quote Originally Posted by mytimeoff:
    I am not sure about the price
    Somewhere between rip-off and outrageous would sum it up I think.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast