Advice needed for which areas are most suitable

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advice needed for which areas are most suitable

HI,

Would be great if you could give me some advice. I am moving to HK in August to teach. I am wanting to live on HK island.

Been looking at areas and narrowed down to a few, however would like some info about which places would be the best for a single girl.

I don't want to live too far out, advice would be greatly appreciated.

ummm... budget? requirements? facilities? location of workplace?

a little more info please.

Need to be near to Central, would like a 2 bed and be close to an MTR. Thinking of $13,500...?

Quote Originally Posted by Becs:
    Need to be near to Central, would like a 2 bed and be close to an MTR. Thinking of $13,500...?
    Don't want to disillusion you but I think you'd be lucky to get a one bed near Central for that price or even anywhere on the Island near an MTR.

thanks for the advice, but don't necessarily want central. Any other areas you can suggest but I will need to commute to central. Thanks

you could try sheung wan or wanchai (i think, don't really know the prices there though)

or you could go further out on the mtr, say tai koo shing or sai wan ho (MUCH more local feel in sai wan ho)

A decent, newish 2 bdr apartment around Quarry Bay/Taikoo/Kornhill will probably set you back at least 15k. In fact I have viewed smaller places around that area which were asking as much.

Look up Sheung Wan Queens Terrace. 2 bedrooms about 600 sq ft can be had for $12-13k. 15 minute walk to Central. 6 minute walk to Sheung Wan MTR station

Thanks guys for the info, it helps when your not that familiar with certain areas, I have been looking on the Go home HK website to get a few ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Becs:
    Thanks guys for the info, it helps when your not that familiar with certain areas, I have been looking on the Go home HK website to get a few ideas.
    Try this site, too: Centamap (under property listings)
    Last edited by Raccon; 25-05-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast