Looking for an apartment in HKI

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for an apartment in HKI

Hey guys,

Im glad I ran into this forum haha...well I will be starting work in HKU June 1. I've been actively looking for apartments or suites that are available. By budget would be 2500-3000/month, anywhere in Hong Kong Island would do for me. Would be better if it was near HKU of course.

I wouldnt mind moving into apartments with roommates either seeing how it might be furnished already. Please let me know!!

tim

Hi Tim,

Quick question...Is that budget based on HK$?

J

yes it is, sorry for not making that clear =)

good luck finding anything on the islad for only $2500....you will probably have to look to outlying islands like lamma or cheung chau and even then you will be sharing.

i don't know of ANYWHERE, including out in the NT where you can find something on your own for so little money.

well i where i live there are actually village houses that can go for as little as 1800 rent inclusive of a room, bathroom AND a living room =)

yea i could push for $3000 though to be honest

where would that be? what square footage are you getting? i've been here 14 years and i've NEVER heard of rent as low as $1800/month unless you are talking gov't housing!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    where would that be? what square footage are you getting? i've been here 14 years and i've NEVER heard of rent as low as $1800/month unless you are talking gov't housing!
    you do get them! but these are really in the villages, perhaps a bit scruffy and old. not a bad size compared to some flats in kowloon and hk, but so far out the way that it takes an infrequent minibus 10-15 mins from the nearest train station which is probably fanling or sheung shui...

my parents have a small house (2 stories!!) similar about 10mins minibus ride from kam tin near yuen long and they rent it out for about that much.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

tim: Will you be a student of HKU? If so, it lists accommodation (rooms and flats) on its student intranet website.

claire, no im not a student i am currently a staff at HKU. I am in increasingly desperate need for an apartment with roommates or a suite, I've been to work for a week now and the 1.5 hour journey daily is really taking its toll on me already (3 hours per day). Please inform me if there are any units available, thanks!

What is your job at HKU, the janitor?

You are in employment, so your accommodation budget shouldn't have to be so low...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast