Looking for apartment in Tin Hau area - any advice would be much appreciated!

Closed Thread

Question Looking for apartment in Tin Hau area - any advice would be much appreciated!

Hi all,

I will be moving to Hong Kong in the next couple of weeks and would like to get an apartment in the Tin Hau area. I've checked out www.gohome.co.hk and read about the area on the internet and in books but would really appreciate it if anybody who's familiar with the area could share their experience.

I am looking for a 1 bedroom for approx. HK$11,000 with convenient transportation to Central. Would prefer apartment to be recently renovated and clean with friendly guards and good management. Don't mind so much if space is limited. Is this feasible?

Has anybody lived in this area and if so, do you have any recommended or blacklisted buildings? What else should I watch out for? I heard that areas close to the MRT could be noisy...

Thanks so much!

I have just had the lease signed for an apartment in Park Tower, next to the Tin Hau MTR station. I looked at many buildings in the Tin Hau/North Point/Tai Koo but the Park Tower was the love from the first sight it is old-ish by HK standards (1989) but feels more special than the newly 3-4 yo buildings, and my apartment has great views on the public swimming pool and Victoria park (and the harbour). Of course the view will depend on which side of the tower you are on

More positive sides of Park Tower: it is at the end of the road with lots of local shops yet is sufficiently remote from the street life...

Quote Originally Posted by Khema:
    I have just had the lease signed for an apartment in Park Tower, next to the Tin Hau MTR station. I looked at many buildings in the Tin Hau/North Point/Tai Koo but the Park Tower was the love from the first sight it is old-ish by HK standards (1989) but feels more special than the newly 3-4 yo buildings, and my apartment has great views on the public swimming pool and Victoria park (and the harbour). Of course the view will depend on which side of the tower you are on

More positive sides of Park Tower: it is at the end of the road with lots of local shops yet is sufficiently remote from the street life...

hi how much is the rent, if you don't mind saying.

any more vacancies? i am starting work inTaikoo july 17,

any advice when i should land in to HK to look for apartment?

Smile My place is near Tin Hau

For my old roommates change their jobs need move out the apartment where I lived now, I need two roommates to share rent and happiness with me.

I am Female, from Shanghai, China. Got a Master degree in HK and work in a US but HK location company. Speak English, mandarin, Shanghaiese and a little bit Cantonese.

My apartment location is Fortress hill nearby MTR, near Causeway bay, Central, Tin hau, North point etc. 80 square meters, 3 absolute bedrooms, a toilet, a kitchen where can cook, have some furnitures, broadband.etc. Will can be moved on 1 August, 2006.

If interest in please contact me: [email protected]

Last edited by windwindwxy; 20-06-2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: wrong word

park tower is in a nice location. but i think the units are generally large (3br) and the rental in excess of 20k hkd p/m if i did not remember wrongly.

Quote Originally Posted by anni:
    Hi all,

I will be moving to Hong Kong in the next couple of weeks and would like to get an apartment in the Tin Hau area. I've checked out www.gohome.co.hk and read about the area on the internet and in books but would really appreciate it if anybody who's familiar with the area could share their experience.

I am looking for a 1 bedroom for approx. HK$11,000 with convenient transportation to Central. Would prefer apartment to be recently renovated and clean with friendly guards and good management. Don't mind so much if space is limited. Is this feasible?

Has anybody lived in this area and if so, do you have any recommended or blacklisted buildings? What else should I watch out for? I heard that areas close to the MRT could be noisy...

Thanks so much!
    Hi anni,
    Do you still looking for the said apartment in Tin Hau. I know one that perfectly fits your expection. Reply me if found it's interesting.

Looking for a spot in Park Place

Do you still have a spot at the Park Place. I will be moving on Jan. 10th and need a spot to stay. The Park Place sounds perfect. Please let me know if you have anything.

Keep in mind Tin Hau is actually in Causeway Bay, there is no "district" named Tin Hau itself, just a temple and MTR station. Therefore research Causeway Bay for details about the area around the Tin Hau Temple as well. May find out some good info there.