Like Tree2Likes

Beware of Craiglist Scam at: Cimbria Court, 24 Conduit Road, Flat 5A

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I've just seen something similar on Gumtree though the address is not metioned there until you send the user and email. I did so and got the same email back as flc_r except from a Patricia Sadler. Must be Louise sister.
    I've reported the ad as fraudulent.

thanks for the heads up. i just got the same email from patricia sadler. i knew it was too good to be true!

OH MY GOODNESS

I have the exact same e-mail, but it reads:
    Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. MY Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from as being his only child. I am a French citizen by birth. I am presently residing in the united state of America. Due to my new job offer, as an Air Hostess to Jet Blue Airways. And also i am about to get married to my fiance over here in less than three months from now.

The flat is up for a total of 6500HKD per month including management fee and government rates. which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4. Ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils. These are some of the measurement of the apartment.Reception room 17'0" 16'0" ( 5.18m x 4.88m , Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m ), Bedroom 1 13'0"x 11'7" ( 3.96m x 3.53m ), Bedroom 2 12'10" x 10'5" ( 3.91m x 3.18m ), Bathroom 6'10" x 5'10" ( 2.08m x 1.78m ), Guest WC 5'0" x 2'10" ( 1.52m x 0.86m.Kitchen 13'0" x 11'0" ( 3.96m x 3.35m )

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease as advised by my lawyer over here in the state. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at Cimbria Court, 24 Conduit Road, Flat 5A fifth floor, Mid-level West, Hong Kong. Around there are many supermarkets, bakeries,pharmacies, cafés, shops, and restaurants. And also there is also a mini bus stop in front of the building

And please note the main utility bills are not inclusive in the rent, As you will have to personally settle the bills at your convenient time. which shouldn't be a problem if we later reach an agreement.And presently for now, there is no outstanding bills. So you would be starting the lease with a clean slate As you would be starting the lease with a clean slate

The minimum lease term is two months, and a maximum of two year with a possibility of extension.

Kind Regards,
    Anne-Sophie.

I WAS FULLY INTERESTED AND WAS JUST ABOUT TO HEAD OUT TO GO SEE THE BUILDING..

So it is a scam??????
    And I was soooooo nice replying to her e-mail..
    ITs not teh patricia chick, but the sophie person..

Now Im gutted

Im gonna follow throug, and see what she sends me back...
    It looks like the scam has moved from Craigslist to Gumtree:

http://hongkong.gumtree.com.hk/c-Fla...AdIdZ149730013

Last edited by Nanonutty; 22-08-2009 at 01:44 PM.

The scam has been re-posted on craislist at Gorgeous 2 Bedroom flat available now.

I got the same fake response on this one as well.

Almost Scammed

Jesus Christ!!

I was checking out places on craiglist and I found one in Cimbria court for $7000. I sent an email requesting details and the reply is below:

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. MY Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from being his only child. I am a British citizen by birth. I am presently residing in the united state of America. Due to my new job offer, as an Air Hostess to Jet Blue Airways,here in NY. And also i am about to get married to my fiance over here in less than three months from now.

The flat is up for a total of 7000HKD per month. which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4. Ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils.

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease as advised by my lawyer over here in the state. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at Cimbria Court, 24 Conduit Road, Flat 5A fifth floor, Mid-level West, Hong Kong . And please note the main utility bills are not inclusive in the rent, As you will have to personally settle the bills at your convenient time. which shouldn't be a problem if we later reach an agreement.And presently for now, there is no outstanding bills. So you would be starting the lease with a clean slate As you would be starting the lease with a clean slate

The minimum lease term is 3 months, and a maximum of 2 years with a possibility of extension.

Kind Regards,
    Stacey.

When reading this I was very excited to have found a decent place then my instincts start kicking in. This thing is too good to be true and the Ad on craiglist has been banned. So like any other skeptics, i start diggin in then i find this thread....GEEZ!! If it's too good to be true ...they pretty much are....

Oh by the way she replied with this email address: [email protected]

I just can't believe the length scammers would go these days.

I want my beautiful apartment Back

Last edited by zied; 04-12-2009 at 12:42 PM.

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. MY Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from being his only child. I am a British citizen by birth. I am presently residing in the united state of America. Due to my new job offer, as an Air Hostess to Cape Air,here in Massachusetts. And also i am about to get married to my fiance over here in less than three months from now.

The flat is up for a total of 8000HKD per month, including management fee, government rate and utility bills. which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils.These are some of the measurement of the apartment.The living area is 14'3" X 19'10" and the kitchen area is 10'2" X 6'9". Bedroom 1 is 12'6" X 13'8" inc ensuite, bedroom 2 is 6'10" X 15'7". And there is a good sized bathroom

The Apartment is situated at Apt 808, J Residence, 60 Johnston Road, 8th floor, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. And note only the
    E-mail : [email protected]

Fraud don't believe that. Its very annoying when it happens to you you feel like you got the place you were looking for and when you read the email It Just smells STUPIDLY MADE UP and u feel like you were scammed by a five year old ...

Shes at it again, this time back on craigslist under the email and name
    'Rosanna Woods'" <[email protected]

unbelievable

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast