Like Tree2Likes

Beware of Craiglist Scam at: Cimbria Court, 24 Conduit Road, Flat 5A

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

My wife had a scammer running round in the Philippines by agreeing to his requests and then sending bogus Western Union numbers. The idiot went three times to collect the money. Very enjoyable afternoon at the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by gareth10:
    Shes at it again, this time back on craigslist under the email and name
    'Rosanna Woods'" <[email protected]

unbelievable
    Yep, on craigslist. At least the grammar seems to be improving. Same letter:

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. My Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from as being his only child. I am a British citizen by birth. I am presently residing in Spain. Due to my new job offer at the Hospital Universitario La Paz here in Madrid. And also i am about to get married to my fiance over here in less than three months from now.

The flat is up for a total of 7500HKD per month, including management fee and government rate. which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils.These are some of the measurement of the apartment.The living area is 14'3" X 19'10" and the kitchen area is 10'2" X 6'9". Bedroom 1 is 12'6" X 13'8" inc ensuite, bedroom 2 is 6'10" X 15'7". And there is a good sized bathroom

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease as advised by my lawyer over here in the state. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at Apt 801, J Residence, 60 Johnston Road, 8th floor, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. And please note, only the main utility bills (Gas, Water, Electricity) are included on the rent. I would be settling the bills at my end.. So you would be starting the lease with a clean slate, as there are no outstanding bills.

The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 2 years with a possibility of extension.

Kind Regards,
    Rosanna.

Thougth it was too good to be true, but she's moved to Spain.....

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment. My Late father resided in the apartment, whom i inherited the apartment from as being his only child. I am a British citizen by birth. I am presently residing in Spain. Due to my new job offer at the Hospital Universitario La Paz here in Madrid. And also i am about to get married to my fiance over here in less than three months from now.

The flat is up for a total of 8500HKD per month. which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils.These are some of the measurement of the apartment.The living area is 14'3" X 19'10" and the kitchen area is 10'2" X 6'9". Bedroom 1 is 12'6" X 13'8" inc ensuite, bedroom 2 is 6'10" X 15'7". And there is a good sized bathroom

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease as advised by my lawyer over here in the state. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

The Apartment is situated at 15 Tai Yuen Street, 7th floor, Apt 701, Wanchai, Hong Kong. And please note, Monthly Rental is only inclusive of Water Supply, Town Gas, electricity, Management Fee, and Government Rates. I would be settling the bills at my end. As you would be starting the lease with a clean slate, as there are no outstanding bills.

The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 2 years with a possibility of extension.

Kind Regards,
    Rosanna.

Interested to see what the response is to my email!!!

wizardofoz

Besides Haidi Kwan and Rosanna Woods, I've been contacted by two others, both of whose e-mails contained gorgeous photos of the apartment.

=================

Kerry Bowle, 1 Nov 2009 (Easy Roommate)
    [email protected]

Hello
    I have advert on easy roommate and i saw your advert that you still need a roommate
    The room is is still available for rent,Firstly i will like you to have full knowledge about and the apartment
    ABOUT ME
    My name is Bowles kerry 19 years old FEMALE i moves in year some ago while mummy go back to England after the death of my father Father Am only one staying in the whole apartment.need a friendly roommate
    My late dad owns the house while my mummy is presently in London to oversee my father other houses IN UK
    As an air hostess i traveled often so i want some who i can entrust my apartment with,
    I am seeking a Roommate with good sense of humor,neat and friendly who i can entrust my apartment, if am not around,
    I am seeking someone who meets the following description: Female or male, professional or Student..The most important thing I'm looking for is to find a
    flatmate to share daily life and common values.
    PRICE
    The rent for this room is 3,500 HKD per month and refundable deposit of 3500HKD, the rent is inclusive of all utilities bills including the electricity and gas
    (which goes towards the heat and hot water) WIFI Internet/television/telephone (with free, unlimited international calls)
    THE APARTMENT
    The rooms i am renting out are 18m2 (= 170 sq ft) There is plenty of space as well as many storage closets. Two bedrooms with sunny courtyard views, a
    large living room, a dining room, a fully-equipped kitchen (large refrigerator, oven, microwave,washing machine ,vacuum cleaner dishwasher, coffee machine,
    all plates, silverware, pots, etc..), and a bathroom with a full-sized tub.
    Plenty of windows and light. and ceramic tiling in the bathroom, kitchen, and toilet room.
    There are two fireplaces with old-fashioned mirrors above them. This place is truly beautiful and comfortable! The bedroom you will rent has a twin-sized
    bed, furnished (wardrobe, bookcase, desk, printer, your own phone
    there is high speed and WI Fi internet, and a washing machine. Bathroom with bath tub and separate toilets.
    The apartment is a three room apartment one for will be reserved for you I stay in one room, while one is for visitor , separate toilet and bathroom.
    The apartment is located in Queen',s Road Central HK-Central Hong Kong
    Located in the heart of the financial district, . This apartment is just a short walk from the famous night-time entertainment area of bars, restaurants and clubs.
    5 mins to Airport Express & MTR Station. Buses, Minibuses, trams & Ferries are easy access. Banks, restaurants, shops and retail center are nearby.g)
    I have the picture of the room attached so that you can see how the room looks like.
    I sincerely want someone very serious and sincerely willing to rent the room because a lot of people have wasted my time on this rent.
    My top priority is not the money but some one that is trustworthy and friendly because am very busy, that i can entrust my apartment with
    Tell me more about yourself,
    if you are interested you should reply me as soon as possible to make an so to secure the room for you
    Tell me more about yourself and what are you up to and kindly get back to me on my email [email protected] as soon as possible

sincerely
    Regards
    Bowles

==========

Silvia Morales Nogues, 5 Jan 2010 (Craigslist)
    [email protected]

Hello,
    I'm well mail you with the details concerning the apartment which I have available for RENT to let in a nice newly build 3 bedrooms apartment, fully furnished and separated Kitchen (with plates, microwave, toaster, oven, dishwasher and etc.) & Living room, with two balconies, 1 bathroom with WC and another one Separate WC only, cave, washing machine, Wooden floors, lift, Non-smoking, easy access to bus stop, City Centre, and close to university . I am looking for someone who likes to keep the house clean and easy going person.

Monthly charge - USD$300 includes internet and other charges (electricity, water, heating, building charges…etc)
    Deposit.......... --- USD$500 for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room

If interested please send a mail with your name, number, age, gender and employer name to ....available for a single person or couples and Month to
    Month lease....(I'm ready to sign a year lease as well depending on you) if you are interested in the rent. And i will also want you to get back to me
    with your personal or private email as well. While awaiting your response.
    Best Regards
    Your Future
    Roommate
    Silvia Morales

ROSANNA WOODS AT IT AGAIN!

Been in an e-mail conversation with the charming Ms. Woods. Even went as far as to send me a copy of her passport, her finance's passport, her EU drivers licence and the tenancy agreement.

I wonder if the management of J Residence are aware that there is a scam involving their building. Gorgeous apartments! But at HK$ 9000, way too good to be true.

Oh, "her" latest e-mail address is [email protected].

Don't be fooled!

Whether those documents are genuine or forged surely you have enough there to go to the police?

Yeah, I think I will. Especially as there are pictures. Hopefully at least the people whose faces appear in the documents can be informed...unless they're dumb enough to put their own faces in! They look Spanish, but that means nothing. Wish I could get them back, makes me so angry.

Do you think I should go to J Residence and inform them? I'll take the e-mails in.

I think you should just go to the police - they will talk to J residence I'm sure.

SILVIA MORALES

I was faked by Silvia Morales also and then I tried to look for her email address in google and the result made me said " what the hell??????? " this pretty girl didn't operate only in NL but in HOng KOng !!!!!!! I was faked by her also when I advert in Justlanded.com due to I have to move to Delft, NL from Deventer, NL. The email was more less same with the email from Silvia i previous thread.

I have thought also about that, go to the police and reported her since I had her interational passport she sent to me and also her facebook. Wtf. Is that possible to report her to police? because not long time after her email, I also got email from a Canadian named Mark Steacy, with the email more less same with Silivia and also offer the fake house. Thx God, I still have a friend in Delft that easy for me to check the truth of the house so I haven't sent the money to WU yet.

Just to keep you updated. I called the police and they asked me to e-mail all the documents to them, which I did. I got a reply saying that they had received everything and asking whether I had lost any money. I replied saying I hadn't and that is that last I have heard from the police. Still, I am glad that they are at least aware, even if I perhaps wasn't the first person to go to them regarding this particular scam.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast