Sounds like another scam...

fromAnthony Peter <[email protected]>

dateMon, Mar 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    subjectRe: Craigslist posting
    mailed-byyahoo.com
    signed-byyahoo.com

hide details 3:17 PM (4 minutes ago)

Hi,
    My name is Anthony Peter and my wife is Ann Peter.And we are the owner of the apartment 52-54 Peel Street, Central, Hong Kong.
    My wife and family have been relocated to Atlanta Georgia While am
    here in Nigeria ,We will not be coming back until one yr from now.
    My plan was to option the house for sale but my wife refused so i decided to rent it out.
    Realizing now that we cannot afford to let the apartment remain vacant for as long as we are away, we decided to rent it out to someone who is God fearing,trustworthy and who will be able to take good care of the apartment as if its his or hers
    The money is not the actual reason for the rent, but the need for someone to occupy the flat so as to maintain the facilities in the apartment.
    Like i said, the point i am emphasizing on is your ability to take good care of the apartment for us because that's the only property we have left in Hong Kong.
    If you are sure of your ability to take perfect care of the flat, and you are still very much interested in the apartment, kindly answer the questions below.
    The keys to the apartment and other documents are with us here, and will be sent to you as soon as we have a deal.
    looking forward to hear from you. Your full information will be used to process all documents that will be coming together with the keys leading to the house and this will come to you through UPS courier service.
    So kindly confirm your interest by filling out the rental
    application form below.
    ===== RENT APPLICATION FORM =========
    =======PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL ==========
    Also,Pls answer these questions below:
    1)Your Full Name__________________________ ____________
    2)Present Address(where you reside now) & Phone
    Number________________________
    _______
    3)How old are you _____________________________
    4)Are you married ______________________________ _____
    5)How many people will be living in the apartment ___________________________
    6)Do you have a pet ______________________________ ___________
    7)Do you have a car ______________________________ ____________
    8)Occupation ______________________________ ___________________
    9How long are you willing to stay ______________________________ ___________
    10) when do you intend to move in ______________________________ ___________
    11) How many months advance rent are you willing /able to pay
    Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt in your name and contacting you.Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the documents and the keys to you,please we are giving you all this based on trust and again i want you to stick to your words,We are putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this property of ours and God bless you more as you do this

Scam for sure e11ie! I've just been interviewed by a journalist from TVB Pearl about the whole scam business. She has obviously interviewed investigators etc and there doesn't seem to be much they can do, but they are definitely aware and there is a unit within the police working on it. They're mostly trying to promote awareness. It'll be broadcast on the 26/03/10 if you'd like to know more.

A friend of mine got the scam e-mail LAST WEEK from the Craigslist ad. Every time I try and check it doesn't seem to be there. Does any one still have an active link? By the way, seems to have gone back to "Stephanie" now.

Hi Tessa2685,

I tried to locate the postings on Craigslist, but you're right, they seem to have disappeared. It is just a bit frustrating not being able to do something when you see this scam going on...

I'll post a link if/when I see the ad up next time. =)

Cheers!

This definitely sounds like the same scammer - it's almost always 2 bedroom, for 8000 in "Wan Chai" and beautiful pics...

Place to call home..Furnished Two Bedroom Flat

Thanks e11ie. It's been flagged for removal already, which is a good thing, but as such I can't read it.

Are you guys actually looking for an apartment or just stalking the scammers on the various sites? I think we've reached a point of diminishing returns with this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Are you guys actually looking for an apartment or just stalking the scammers on the various sites? I think we've reached a point of diminishing returns with this thread...

Not because I started this topic but please don't shut it down as it is a real problem with Craiglist deals like this and the more people add to it when it is a clear scam the better.

It is problem in every city and here in HK and keeping the thread open for discussion and new information makes a lot of sense to me. The scammers will morph their names and locations and this thread can be helpful.

I was faked by Silvia Morales also and then I tried to look for her email address in google and the result made me said " what the hell??????? " this pretty girl didn't operate only in NL but in HOng KOng !!!!!!! I was faked by her also when I advert in Justlanded.com due to I have to move to Delft, NL from Deventer, NL. The email was more less same with the email from Silvia i previous thread.
    We seem to have helped at least one person out there.

She's at it again

Stunning, Spacious, Two Bedroom Apartment (Furnished)

I reckon it'll be flagged soon

Seems to be more and more scams these days...

fromMarcel Cupa <[email protected]>

dateThu, Mar 18, 2010 at 1:18 PM
    mailed-bygmail.com
    signed-bygmail.com

hide details Mar 18 (5 days ago)

Hello,
    It is nice to read from you regarding my advertisement about my lovely furnished two bedrooms flat. I am delighted to let you know that my apartment is still very much available for long and short term periods. Also, it is available for reservation incase you want me to reserve it for you till any period. For now, no one is occupying my apartment and it will be very nice renting it to you.

I resided in this apartment with my family before my recent transfer. I am in Notting Hill,London at present for my company's recent construction project in London. This project will last for 3 years but my wife and family are in India. The apartment is located at; 12 May Rd Central, Hong Kong.

The cost for the apartment( 2 bedrooms, sitting room, 2 bathrooms and separate kitchen) is 7,500HKD per month including all facilities/utilities (water, electicity, heater, internet, gas etc.) and the refundable security deposit is 7,500HKD.

If you need more information and pictures about the apartment please don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks
    Marcel Cupa
    +447031801582

AMENITIES AVAILABLE IN MY APARTMENT..(ALL BILLS INCLUDED IN RENT)
    Equiped Kitchen,washing Machine,American Kitchen Fridge & Freezer Oven,Microwave Dish Washer Crockery & Utensils,Bath Shower Hair Dryer,Towels
    Extra features
    Internet Dial Up, Internet Broadband Cable/Satelite
    TV,Stereo/Radio System DVD Player,DVD/Music Collection
    Library, Telephone Fax,Central Heating Air Conditioning.

Another one...

fromMarilynn Stephens <[email protected]>

dateSat, Mar 20, 2010 at 1:11 AM
    mailed-bygmail.com
    signed-bygmail.com

hide details Mar 20 (3 days ago)

Thanks for your respond,God bless you for your interest regarding my home. This 2BR/2 Bath is still available for rent. I am renting this house to a responsible,clean and God fearing family who would treat my house as his/her own. Presently I and my husband have moved out of the house due to my missionary work transfer to west Africa, and will be away for 3 years or more and this is my first time that me and my family will be living in West africa and we are happy cos we all want to experience new things this is the reason we are given out our home for rent so if you are interested in taking good care of our house then my family will be ready in accepting you as our new tenant and family friend.
    If you really impress us by taking good care of our house then you will be allowed to stay as long as you experience you have in renting. the home is still available for $1000, deposit fee $700 with heat laundry facilities, air condition internet connection etc.
    PETS ARE WELCOME!
    I am looking forward to hear from you soon with the application form filled below so that we can proceed in discussing on how to send the keys and document to you.

0.11 acres
    Built in: 2006
    Last Updated: 06/11/209
    MLS ID # 6734646
    PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

Full Name___________________________
    Home Phone ( )________________
    Date of Birth_________________________
    Other Phone ( )________________
    Current Address_____________________Apt#________ City______________State______ Zip________
    Reasons for Leaving______________________Rent $__________Phone ( )________________
    Are you married_______________________
    How many people will be living in the house__________________________
    Do you have a pet___________________
    Do you have a car____________________
    Occupation_________________________
    Your Exact move in date_______________
    How soon can you make the deposit payment________________________
    How soon do you want to receive the keys and documents of the
    house______________________
    Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt and contacting you.Await your reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the keys to you so that you can possible occupy the house now.

for more information contact @ my cellphone (+2347041842698)
    - Show quoted text -

And here's another post that I've flagged to craigslist
    Lovely 3bed room apartment for rent at HK
    (really smells like a scam...)

As for me, I'm genuinely looking to move from my current place and hence trolling sites like craigslist etc, but getting annoyed that there's more and more scams on craigslist...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast