Hillsborough Court

Closed Thread

Hillsborough Court

Thinking of signing a lease in Hillsborough Court. How long does it take to walk to Glenealy School and how accessible are the walking paths? Are the apartments ok?

You're thinking of signing a lease before you've even seen it and walked around the area?

Last edited by jimbo; 04-06-2009 at 04:28 PM.

Walk to glenealy

Hiya,

takes about 15 mins, nice slow walk. Would try not to during the rain though.

Hillsborough and Glenealy

Well, my husband is in HK looking at apartments and likes this one! I thought I'd just get a few more opinions before giving him the green light. It would be helpful to hear from someone who lives there and knows all the quirks of the place and has kids at Glenealy

Actually I'm moving to Hillsborough in August and just have received the signed Offer Letter. All that I can say is that this Facility is one of the best considering price vs. what is being offered. If you don't mind living next to a green green mountain and in a facility with nice Pool, well equipped Gym, a shuttle bus down to central every 15 minutes, very good personnel and a very high standard of materials used in the common areas, you should give your husband the green light.

My girlfriend was amazed by Hillsborough Court because it's really very nice. Unfortunately most flats are still in the original style with typical HK wooden floors and a very weird kitchen. All flats have marbel bathrooms, one with white toilet and bathtub and one with pink (also weird, because the marble is black). If I was you I would ask the landlord to remove all built-in furniture and buy new ones, coz what you will find there is not very nice. But in general all flats are nice once you have a new outfit.

Cheerio

I lived there in '92 - '95. It's pretty convenient, but the lack of a balcony was a bummer. Of course my boss lived in the penthouse, he had the roof...

Hi we're thinking of moving in to Hillsborough Court, have looked at a few apartments but the rents are all over the place! (eg we see one that hasn't been renovated and the rent quoted is higher than one the same size that has been renovated!). In the current market, does anyone have an idea what the fair rent would be for a 2 bed, mid level floor, 976 sq ft, new bathrooms and kitchens?

Thanks

HILLBROUGH COURT SUCKS BIG TIME / CONSTANT RENOVATION

I have the unfortunate luck to be stuck in Hillsborough Court for almost 5 years now. Unfortunately the organization I work for made a long term commitment there. I actually live in the so called Royal Tower / Building 4 and cannot believe the constant renovation noise, which always consists of heavy duty jack hammers, banging, dust, nasty smells and more. Noise so loud that you can’t even speak on the phone. Forget trying to stay there until after 6PM and then you can come home to the smell of nasty commercial chemicals they are using for the renovation and general cleaning. This management company is careless, nasty, unprofessional and dangerous. The front line workers are ok but the higher ups could give a rat’s ass about you or your families. I hate the bastards. The company is all about greed. I had both the unit right above and below me being renovated at the same time. I think this went on for over 9 month. Yes I am biased, and so will you be, if you’re foolish enough to move there.