Accomodation required for fresh grad moving over to HK in July

Closed Thread

Accomodation required for fresh grad moving over to HK in July

Hey guys, I'm a Singaporean fresh graduate and I'll be moving over to HK for work in another 3 weeks time.

My company is providing me with temporary accommodation for my first 3 weeks of stay in Hong Kong, after which I will need to look for my own accommodation.

Would like to seek your advice regarding accommodation in Hong Kong.

I'm working on a rather tight budget for rental (about 4k HKD per month) and I'm hoping to get something (maybe studio apartments) in HK Island so that I can minimize my transport cost (my company is next to Quarry Bay MTR). Would like to find out whether my idea for accommodation is feasible and where can I expect to find such accommodation? I am also open to flat sharing.

Also, I would like to seek your advices regarding what to take note when I'm looking for a flat or a flatmate.

Thanks in advance!! =)

Given that you'll be provided housing when you first arrive, your best bet is to take public transportation from your place of employment and investigate prices in areas convenient to Quarry Bay.

I am looking for an apartment near HKU, its not exactly very nearby Quarry Bay but if we might be able to work something out, Im looking to share an apartment too, PM me if u want!~

@Hokutu: Thanks for the advice. My job requires me to do quite frequent travelling out of the country, so I'm kind of worried that I won't have time to check out the places around my workplace. Hence, seeking advice in this forum.

@bechampions: I've sent you a PM. =)

I'm certain that your employer will understand that you, having freshly moved to Hong Kong, will need to look for an apartment. That is generally a given for new arrivals.