HungHom

Closed Thread

HungHom

Does anybody there in Hunghom? Any comments on the area such as transportation to Central, amenities etc? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by caion:
    Does anybody there in Hunghom? Any comments on the area such as transportation to Central, amenities etc? Thanks.
    Transportation:

Bus 115, 101, 111, 109 are going to Central
    Hunghom Ferry - Central Ferry
    If you are from Metropolis.. KCR to MTR TST - Central

Amenities:
    see this website:

http://www.whampoaworld.com/
    Last edited by jim5130; 13-06-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: add

M also lookg at that area, where exactly are u lookg at? M quite keen in harbourview horizon, any comments abt this apt?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by eggyorkwoo:
    M also lookg at that area, where exactly are u lookg at? M quite keen in harbourview horizon, any comments abt this apt?
    There is a long thread on that, use the search function to find it.

I viewed Harbour Place. It is brand new and rental before negotiation is around $10K to $11K. Check this place out. It is quite nice.

I live in Hung Hom and would say that when it comes to transport, buses are the best way to get around. All buses from Kowloon to HK Island stop at the Cross Harbor Tunnel which is located in Hung Hom so you can catch practically any bus to any destination. Hung Hom MTR is right there but you have to change to get to Central. I think it is easier to catch a minibus to Jordan or TST and then take the train to Central. You can also take the ferry. Hung Hom Ferry is the closest but the frequency is about every 20 min to Central. You can always go to the star ferry in TST, the ferries run more frequently. Taxis usually get stuck in traffic at the Cross Harbour Tunnel and cost about $80 to Central.

Lots of amenities can be found in Whampoa - there is a pretty big Park N Shop, wet markets, Watsons, fast food, Japan Home etc...

The only caveat is that if you are looking for more Western type groceries, you will have to go to Taste in Kowloon Tong or City Super in Harbour City. You won't find much in Hung Hom.

Quote Originally Posted by caion:
    I viewed Harbour Place. It is brand new and rental before negotiation is around $10K to $11K. Check this place out. It is quite nice.
    It was also originally designed for low income families (gvt estate) but later on finally bought back by one of the HK Real Estate developer.

While the prices are definitely good it also means that the quality of the materials....isn't great. Something to take into consideration.