need to replace window

Closed Thread

need to replace window

I need to replace a window at the place I own.

I have no idea who to contact that would provide such a service.

Has anyone got any suggestions / recommendations?

Thanks

Don't have any contacts but a word of warning make sure you are allowed to as a friend who changed a window is now getting hassle from the buildings department about it.

Quote Originally Posted by curlyv:
    Don't have any contacts but a word of warning make sure you are allowed to as a friend who changed a window is now getting hassle from the buildings department about it.
    OK, thanks for the head's up. I will contact buildings department first. Had no idea.

You don't need to contact the building's department... they'll generally be clueless. They would have reacted to a complaint, either by the management or the owners association that the original windows had been replaced / designs changed. They would not bother if it was just the glass that needed changing.

Best to ask the building management if they have a contact who can do it for you.

you can normally just find a contractor or rennovation guy to do it for you. there are some places which sell windows in Mongkok and Wan Chai amongst the other interrior design shops (you would have to work with your decorator as to the sizes and types and also about scaffolding being put up).

I don't know anything about having to let the buildings department know about changing windows. There should be no problem unless you are changing the structure of the walls such as making a window larger or a different shape.

You wil probably have to let your building management know if you are changing windows, doing renovation and putting up scaffolding thought.

If you're in a managed building with security guards, the guards probably keep a list of contractors that can be called over to do work.

Thanks for suggestions guys.

I've tried management office, who said they would look into it. Its now been over two weeks and I have called them every day. They have told me they can't find someone to replace the windows, so back to square one.

Any suggestions for contractors or where to look to find contractors.