What about Park Island?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink What about Park Island?

Hi, "Enzo":

Thanks for the web link, looks like Park Island is even better than DB? At least looking from the web, their web site design is much much better than DB's site. Unfortunately, I didn't know this place when I was in HK for the biz trip, so I only checked DB, otherwise, I should have gone to both, so I would have a comparison.

It says 25 mins ferry to Central, so it's almost the same as DB?

But it's a newer development?

About the size, you said 2 bedroom only 710sf, is that too small?
    I am thinking of 850sf to 1200sf.
    Maybe most of the room size in HK is smaller than here in the States.

Let me do more research.

Yeah, I realized that most postings suggest "stay in Mid-Level, close to Central, good for singles, etc", but for now, I'd like to check out all the possibilities, then make decision later. The Company will provide temp housing for 1 month and a relocation manager to help me to find a perm place, so wait to see.

Thanks!

Hi

Well HK is a expensive place....dunno about US but me from Aussie so yes, compared to Oz. It is much smaller also but i am now used to it. Depends where u work and what kind of person u r....well i am home gal and likes to stay home with my doggies after work so a nice and comfy environment counts alot for me. It u like to party and drink, well i will not suggest u move in here cos no taxi can get in, u will need to take the shuttle bus after hours. Good luck in finding a "home-sweet-home"!!

What about Park Island

Hi,
    For those interested in Park Island, why not contact the advertisers of classifieds at geoexpat site --- tenants can save commission for a direct deal.
    Like most other developments elsewhere in Hong Kong, there are different sizes in the Park Island project, up to 1000 sq.ft. gross, but the bigger units usually come with 3 bedrooms or with a maids room. A 2-bedroom unit at 710 sq. ft. plus a large balcony is a spacious one among the best in Park Island, especially when considering the good layout.
    The merits about Park Island are its clean and green environment and location is quite O.K. if one works in Central, e.g. I.F.C., with the ferry fare at a modest $11 for a 25 min. trip. With the club facilities, one could hardly find anything similar in mid-levels unless at double the rental. The shortcoming for those who drive is that the Island is not accessible by private cars, except by shuttle bus for transfer to nearby MTR stations.

I have an 800 sq. foot flat in Park island right now, phase 2 (the newest phase) high floor with a sea view toward lantau for rent.

2 BR, furnished except for mattress, couch, and kitchen table.

Let me know if you are interested.

hi

Hi George,
    Do you have any pictures of this flat? What is the monthly rental?
    Thanks for your reply
    Tom

HI guys, we just moved into PI last week as well. LOVE IT THERE!!! It's so secluded and seemingly away from the city but still connected (24hr shuttle / ferry service). We have a 3bedroom about 1100 sq feet , it was difficult to find 'decent sized' rooms in some of the newer phases we saw - but when we checked out block 5 (phase I) the floorplan was a lot more spacious. Got it for 15k, even below our New York Lower East Side 1 bd room apt and well below our brooklyn apt which we were paying 3500usd. because we have 2 dogs, the island's perfect since it's one of few places which allow dogs. No regular cars are allowed tho on the island, but it's fine, we don't plan to drive in HK (not sure why anyone would to be honest.... the transport is so great)

so far loving it here at Park Island, especially when the weather is nice like today, you walk out and can smell the beach and your apt isn't right next to a huge mall complex (like most apts in HK) highly recommend thus far.

fyi the club house is totally resort style.. last nite when i was coming home on the shuttle and when it drive around the island , it reminded me of the outside of ritz carlton in palm springs - fyi the pool in chic chic club is amazing, we're waiting for our membership card and can't WAIT to take our first dip. :-)

yes, park island is really a resort style estate.

you must check out the blue blue club outdoor pool at night as well. you have a beautiful view to the tsing ma bridge. very nice. ;-) and very romantic

Just found out yesterday that you can book the private pool at chic chic for parties. It costs 500 per hour and min booking is 3 hrs. Now that phase 5 is opened, i'm so tempted to move there....but got a lease, damn!

Any idea what time of the year they will close the outdoor pools in PI? I heard something like from October onwards?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast