Hi all, been reading this forum faithfully for the past few weeks and it's been really helpful in answering a lot of my qns!
I'll be moving to HK in Aug and am looking for accomodation. Scanned through a number of threads so I've a fair idea of my needs. My budget's fairly tight (7-8k HKD) but from what I've gathered I should be able to find something given the depressed rental market.
I'm basically looking to live on HK island and have shortlisted the following areas:
2) Kennedy Town/Sheung Wan
3) Mid-Levels/Causeway Bay are lower on my list but still an option
Based on these locations, are there any recommendations for specific apartments/places? I'm not fussy between a condo/serviced apartment or a normal apartment (like those kind you see on HK drama serials).
In addition, is it possible/advisable to find a place without the use of an agent? ie contact owners directly on the forum.
Here are some further info:
1) Preferable to live alone
2) Looking for a studio/1BR (~450sqft)
3) Won't be cooking much so a kitchen is not impt, but at least a small stove to do some basic cooking/boiling water
4) An older place is fine, but if its recently renovated thats an added bonus
5) Availability of transport (tram/minibus/shuttle bus/MTR) to Central area (I work near HSBC)
6) Is it reasonable to expect laundry facilities (washer/dryer) in my apartment?
Thanks very much for the help, very much appreciated!