Like Tree6Likes

Lohas Park

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    That's ridiculous!!! You mean the view that they might be promising for any particular apartment right now will most be gone coz' of new towers coming up??
    Yep. Check the following layouts:

White marks the spot

Colorful version

Also read this article that was linked by timklip in another thread.

Hmm..now I know. I was always under the impression that people move to those areas for cleaner air...!
    More likely because the apartments are cheap(er) yet conveniently located. I read an article that said that prices were said to be 6000 per sqf but apartments were actually sold as low as 4700, causing them to snapped up almost immediately.
    Last edited by Raccon; 26-07-2009 at 01:09 AM.

I took a joy-ride to LOHAS park today, seems I wasn't the only one with that idea as the train was quite full.
    The MTR station itself has become some local tourist attraction, lot's of people taking pictures inside of signboards, maps etc.

Anyway, the area is a mess and smaller than I imagined; it will be quite cramped once all the towers are up and I couldn't imagine to stay there with the construction in front of my nose for the next 10 years and seeing the view disappear ...

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Anyway, the area is a mess and smaller than I imagined; it will be quite cramped once all the towers are up and I couldn't imagine to stay there with the construction in front of my nose for the next 10 years and seeing the view disappear ...
    This is interesting. I am going to go and take a look myself but looks like my suspicions are all coming true!

BTW, HK Island is cramped too. Do you mean 'cramped' as HKI is or in a different way??

There was a new article in the news today about smell complaints from Lohas Park. It's only 850 meters from the landfill site (less than 1 km!), and residents complained of intense odor from the trash after raining.

I just can't believe how people put down millions of dollars without paying attention to that! This complainant said he drove there one day before buying but didn't smell anything. Poor guy! Little did he know!

Quote Originally Posted by rapid_jap:
    This is interesting. I am going to go and take a look myself but looks like my suspicions are all coming true!

BTW, HK Island is cramped too. Do you mean 'cramped' as HKI is or in a different way??
    Similar to HKI or any other big housing development, i.e. lot's of towers close to each other, no view except into your neighbours unit and of course lot's of people; LOHAS park will accomodate something like 52000 people when completed.
    Probably a bit better than HKI as there is at least some space for landscaping between the different developments (see the links I posted earlier).

Quote Originally Posted by JT06:
    There was a new article in the news today about smell complaints from Lohas Park. It's only 850 meters from the landfill site (less than 1 km!), and residents complained of intense odor from the trash after raining.

I just can't believe how people put down millions of dollars without paying attention to that! This complainant said he drove there one day before buying but didn't smell anything. Poor guy! Little did he know!
    Quite hard to believe indeed, at least he should have taken some time to research about the area before shelling out millions on the spur of the moment.

Similar to HKI or any other big housing development, i.e. lot's of towers close to each other, no view except into your neighbours unit and of course lot's of people; LOHAS park will accomodate something like 52000 people when completed.
    Probably a bit better than HKI as there is at least some space for landscaping between the different developments (see the links I posted earlier)..
    That does depend where you are on HKI. My view is across the water (is that Lohas park on the other side I wonder?) with no neighbours looking into my windows.

(see the links I posted earlier).
    Yup, saw both the layouts you posted in your previous post - very helpful indeed.

That does depend where you are on HKI. My view is across the water (is that Lohas park on the other side I wonder?) with no neighbours looking into my windows.
    Very true. Even in a crowded area like Kennedy Town or Sheung Wan if your apartment is high up, sea-facing / mountain-facing and if you're lucky not to have buildings too close - nothing like it.

This luxury on HKI has its own price, though and we all know that

My colleague has just rented an apartment in LOHAS Park. I did try to warn her but she'd made up her mind so... I just hope it turns out to be a good move for her.

Lohas Park is yet another hype artifically created by developer to attract short term speculative money. Stay away from it, and more generally from Tseung Kwan o area.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Exception to the rule.

Probably a bit better than HKI as there is at least some space for landscaping between the different developments (see the links I posted earlier).

Quite hard to believe indeed, at least he should have taken some time to research about the area before shelling out millions on the spur of the moment.
    i remember reading somewhere (can't remember if it was on this forum or in a newspaper) about how there is a perception that TKO/Tiu Keng Leng/Lohas Park new developments are cleaner, less crowded and less polluted than more central areas like Mongkok. but the actual density is higher because the residential blocks are maybe twice as tall (holding double the people) and creat a wall effect meaning the pollution hangs around longer.

damn...