Like Tree6Likes

Lohas Park

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

reviving an old thread.

I may be renting:

The capitol Lohas Park 2 bedroom 9.5K - 9.8K 683 sq ft Travel cost to Wanchai/Admiralty - around 600 per month. Commute: 40 - 45 mins door to door

I know there is nothing there except for 7/11, Welcome and 3 Estate Agents. But the Club house was well equipped the finishing of the Flat very nice. The only problem is in the the M bedroom one can only fit a queen or double bed.

Anyone living in the area has any views to share/advice for me?

I've been living in Lohas Park (Capitol) for nearly 18months now. When we moved in we were one of the 1st and it was very quiet.

The main reason we moved here was because we could rent a 4 bedroom new apartment for cheaper than a 2 bedroom place in places like Ocean Shores.

When we 1st moved in lots of local people at my work told me how it would be very smelly, very wet/damp and there are no shops (which they would all find impossible to live without!)

Let me cover some of these (perceived or real) issues;
    Smell - This seems to vary from the location of your apartment. We face the water and ar on a high floor. We NEVER get any smell in the apartment. However some friends who face the mountain/hills and are on a very low floor do sometimes get the smell with the windows open. Also should not that while walking in the area I'd say I've noticed about 5-10 days over a year when there has been a bad smell.

Wet/damp - This time of the year gets very wet. You'll need to use the dehumidifier to keep the apartment dry. You also get lots of days when you seem to be living inside a cloud. It also seems to be a few degrees cooler than places like TST / Causeway Bay / etc.

Shops - There is currently a welcome / mannings / estate agents / 7-11 / bakery / doctors / locksmith. If you want more shops you get off the MTR 1 stop earlier of you take a 5 minute MTR ride. Seems quite easy to me, but I gather some people have the need to go downstairs in there PJ's and go shopping!

So some postive points;
    1. It's new, so apartments are new and you don't have to live in some other persons dirt / mess. For me this is very important.
    2. Open space. There is a great private park where you can relax on a nice day and the kids love the wet playing area.
    3. Club house. This is great with bowling alley / gym / indoor swimming / outdoor swimming / table tennis / snooker / etc and a great kiddies playing area.
    4. Not too busy. It is still quiet here and you can walk from Lohas Park to Hang Hau in about 20 minutes and hardly see any other people. This helps me relax.
    5. Views. Our current apartment has sea views from every room and at night time you can see the light show at TST in the distance (on a clear night!). I love this view and will miss it the most when we move (or when the new apartment buildings are finsihed in next 5 -10 years and you have no view!)
    6. Price. It is still cheap. From $9K for a 2bed to $13K for a 4bed including all facilities. Show me where else you can rent a brand new apartment for the same price and I'd be interested to see how it compares.

Anyway, I suggest you come and have a look. the agents near the MTR will show you as many apartments as you want so you can get a feel for the place.

Hi Hamlay, nice summary. I am planning to move to HK and LOHAS seems to be a good place. I will be working in Quarry Bay. I have 2 teenager and would like to know whether there are any reasonable kindergarden nearby. Also, which blocks of the apartment and facing which direction/side you would recommend? Thank you in advance.

Hamlay,

Lohas park sounds like a good idea. Hubby will be working in cwb come July and we are also looking there. How easy/difficult is it to get to a central part of town? And would you need to do so often? Over here we hardly ever go to town except of course for work and once a month or so to meet friends.

I looked at your rates, are they good for now or from the time u signed your lease? We hope to budget for 10 up to max 14.

Also do the apmnts come furnished or wd we have to furnish it ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by LyAndy:
    Hamlay,

Lohas park sounds like a good idea. Hubby will be working in cwb come July and we are also looking there. How easy/difficult is it to get to a central part of town?
    There is a MTR line (purple) that goes directly to HK island, just change at North Point to transfer to the island line to Central. Takes around 30min +/-

And would you need to do so often? Over here we hardly ever go to town except of course for work and once a month or so to meet friends.
    Well, that depends on you of course. There are more than enough shopping centers and supermarkets in Tseung Kwan O, and apm at Kwun Tong or Telford Plaza at Kowloon Bay are not too far either. It's also easy to get to Sai Kung (by bus) for example.

Also do the apmnts come furnished or wd we have to furnish it ourselves?
    Depends on the landlord, typically they are unfurnished. However you can also ask the landlord to furnish it for you, though he may of course increase the rent by another 1-2000 per month (for a two bedroom unit). But better hope he has good taste.
    I wanted to rent furnished, too, but either the furniture was in poor shape or the apartments I liked were unfurnished. Eventually I ended up renting an unfurnished place and bought stuff myself.
    Last edited by Raccon; 17-05-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LyAndy:
    Lohas park sounds like a good idea.
    You've read through this thread and you still think TKO is a good idea? Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    You've read through this thread and you still think TKO is a good idea? Good luck with it!
    BB,

I live there. Its not bad. In fact my neighbours are friendly. Apts are brand new. And there's a awesome athletics track down the road in Hang hau.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4